Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

any help appriciated...

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
Im trying to loose weight. I used to weigh 120 untill i got an iud in my 30s. Now im 40 and weigh 160. I just want to cry. Ive been trying to loose but nothing makes the scale move.
I take vitimins, i drink only water (1 soda maybe a week) i try to eat healthy most of the tim e. I did ww...green tea..and gnc active woman vitiams. This is making me crazy.
Im 40.
I weigh 160.
Im 5' 8".
I walk about 2 mi a day for my job..i kind of mosey along in walmart doing inventory scans. This takes me a total of 6 hrs
Not breast feeding.
I want to loose 30 lbs.

Please....any help is soooo appriciated. I just dont know what to do.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
justericka
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Ps...i do alot of driving..maybe 3 hrs a day..and i eat while i drive...alot of times its a fruit cup or something ...but i dont have access to a microwave...but i do have a cooler..ice packs...and a truckers oven to have things warmed up. I thought that information might help to.
Thank you!
momto3B
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I would suggest getting using an online heatlh and fitness program. Number 1 "eating healthy" can be very subjective so having a plan to follow is a great thing. Number 2, as good as moving about for your job is, it cannot replace the real cardio that you are not getting. 

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Your healthy weight range is between 132 and 164.  You are within that range--which means weight loss is going to be tougher.

To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories that you burn.  As your weight gets lower and your age gets higher, it gets harder.  So you need to move from "I try to eat healthy most of the time" to "I am counting calories and hitting my targets daily."

justericka
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM
What is an online fitness program? Do you use one you can reccomend? I have an eliptical i can only get about 10 mins on before i feel like dying...and a kettlebell...will either of these help me? i dont mean to sound stupid..i honestly dont know.
Thank you.
justericka
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Its mostly the belly i have that bothers me. My waist is 38" and very jello~y...i cant fit into any of my clothes...my stomach wont let me...i was told the iud would make your body think its preg..and i look about 6 mos preg..i had the iud removed 2 mos ago..and the essure done last week.

What is good cardio also? Is there something that can make me look...less..round??? Its embarassing when people comment on my baby and they are 22..16..and 15...
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

First and foremost, take a good look at your diet.  About 70-80% of losing weight is about what you eat.  Take a look at what it is you DO eat and how much of it.  Start revamping that and eating more cleanly.  You may be eating more than you think via snacking.

Start exercising.  You have to build up to it and maybe you don't last in your elliptical now, but you eventually will.  Would you do at home dvd workouts?

justericka
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Im willing to try anything. I just want to look and feel better.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

First, let me calculate your calorie needs:

BMR- 1483- I would eat this amount of calories until you start exercising regularly, and we can redo the math once you get moving more.  This is the MINIMUM number of calories you should be eating each day.

You asked about ideas for cardio.  Brisk walking is always a great starting point.  Depending on what you have access to and what you feel ready for, there are things like running, biking, swimming, hiking, Zumba, DVDs, and if you have gym access, the elliptical, exercise bike, rowing machine, etc.  I tend to stay out of the gym, and I mostly run, especially on trails, but I also swim, surf, bike, and do a lot of HIIT and functional fitness-type stuff at home.  One nice thing with walking or running is that you can do it almost anywhere, including while you're on the road.

DVDs at home can be another great starting point.  BeachBody has some great DVD systems, though they can be pricey.  Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansone, Bob Harper, and the Biggest Loser all have several DVDs (check at Walmart, if you're there a lot!) that are reasonably priced.

Ideally, for exercise, you'll do a good mix of cardio and strength moves.  You need to strength train your whole body.  Here's a link to sparkpeople.com with some great ideas.

For the food, can you give us an example of a day's worth of food?  I have to carry my food with me all day, too.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

justericka
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM
A normal day for me eating...
Breakfast...greek yougert...glass of juice...vitimins
Lunch....salad with crab meat from walmart cold case..mixed fruit from cold case walmart..
Dinner...home made veggie soup...
Treats and snacks...banana...2 twix ice cream treats..(90 cals each)
Lots of water.
Maybe a bowl of cereal before bed....im always soooo hungry at night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)