Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 16: No More Belly Fat

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 105 Replies

Welcome to day 16 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

It is the bikini bootcamp challenge so say good bye to belly fat!

One of the most common questions in weight loss, is how to get rid of the belly. 
The answer is simple. You get rid of belly fat through proper diet and exercise.

The one thing to understand is that not all body fat is the same. Meaning that where you carry fat matters.
If you carry weight around your abdomen, the health risks are greater than carrying weight in the hips and thighs area.
Belly fat is stored deep under the surface and surrounds the liver and abdominal organs. This stored fat is linked to a higer risk of diabetes and insulin resistance.

The best way to avoid dangerous fat around the belly is to cut out or cut back on food and drinks containing calories from fructose such as energy drinks, sodas, sports drinks and coffee drinks.

Sugary processed foods like doughnuts, cereal, candy and muffins also fall into that catergory.
Cutting out sugary food and drinks will lead to a slimmer waistline and healthier you. 

If you are craving something sweet, reach for a piece of fruit instead. 

Lightly flavoring your water is a great way to quench your thirst without all the added calories and fructose. For ideas on flavoring your water, click here.

Do you keep fresh fruit on hand?

How do you combat your 'sweet tooth' cravings?

Eight days ago, I challenged you to cut back on sugary 'danger' drinks by 75%, have you done that?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 16 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM

We do keeo fresh fruit in the house.  I very rarely drink caloric beverages.  Even when I was heavy, I never cared much for soda or juice.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Nicki1995
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Actually yes i have cut back. And i usually eat a banana. We keep fresh fruit around
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a big sweet tooth. Fruit doesn't help me. Fiber one, skinny cow and special k have great low calorie versions of my favorite snacks. There's a new book by hungry girl that filled with snacks under 200 calories. I don't drink any of the danger drinks.
critter_boo
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I have cut back a lot no pop for months now lots fruit in the house
sarah824
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I eat fruit a few times a week and I allow myself a chocolate chip cookie once or twice a week. I do not drink sugary drinks at all.

Paigesmommy78
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Yeah this is where my biggies issue is cut back a lot on the food and soda but it's hard not to eat crap and have a soda when I'm at work I've got down one or two sodas a day and really only eat crap at work bc that's really all there is to eat but I only work 3-4 days a week so it's not to bad I guess
3JsMom611
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I've cut out sugary drinks and only drink water with lemon, unsweetened tea, and flavored water.  I keep fresh fruit in the house so that I'm not tempted to snack on anything else.  I also bring lots of fruit with me to work so that I'm not tempted to eat the chocolate in the office.

MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM
If I get a sugar attack I drink more water and chew gum, it helps but sometimes I will have a fiber one or similar snack
rebeccasmly
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM

We always have fresh fruit on hand. It main snack staple here in my house.

I haven't cut back so much on the sugary drinks since I wasn't really drinking much but I know I probably should cut it back even further.

NWP
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I actually prefer fresh fruit over other sweet treats and backed goods. My weakness is salty crispy things like chips and pickles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)