Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 16: No More Belly Fat

Welcome to day 16 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

It is the bikini bootcamp challenge so say good bye to belly fat!

One of the most common questions in weight loss, is how to get rid of the belly. 
The answer is simple. You get rid of belly fat through proper diet and exercise.

The one thing to understand is that not all body fat is the same. Meaning that where you carry fat matters.
If you carry weight around your abdomen, the health risks are greater than carrying weight in the hips and thighs area.
Belly fat is stored deep under the surface and surrounds the liver and abdominal organs. This stored fat is linked to a higer risk of diabetes and insulin resistance.

The best way to avoid dangerous fat around the belly is to cut out or cut back on food and drinks containing calories from fructose such as energy drinks, sodas, sports drinks and coffee drinks.

Sugary processed foods like doughnuts, cereal, candy and muffins also fall into that catergory.
Cutting out sugary food and drinks will lead to a slimmer waistline and healthier you. 

If you are craving something sweet, reach for a piece of fruit instead. 

Lightly flavoring your water is a great way to quench your thirst without all the added calories and fructose. For ideas on flavoring your water, click here.

Do you keep fresh fruit on hand?

How do you combat your 'sweet tooth' cravings?

Eight days ago, I challenged you to cut back on sugary 'danger' drinks by 75%, have you done that?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 16 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (101-105):
RutterMama
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I have cut back on the drinks, but not as much as I should.

jakana2369
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I cut juice and soda out. Will cut down on soda drink 2-3 a week used to drink 5-6ish a day. But I drink alot of black coffee. I do it because I love the taste and I need the caffeine to stimulate my spinel cord.
CwgrlMama
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I haven't had carbonated drinks in a long time but I do have my coffee every morning. I'm up every 2-3 hours at night nursing my baby so I need something to keep me going for my 2 older ones during the day. I just can't cut out chocolate. I can reduce it, but it'll never be out of my diet.
Flaca43
by Shana on May. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Belly fat is my main goal to defeat. I feel terrible about my stomach as I have never been like this before, my stomach was always flat and after having my last two children, especially my 7month old, It's gotten so much worse. I have a big sweet tooth and am trying extra hard to stay away from sweets.

mnmo3bb
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I agree! I don't always keep fresh fruit, I usually have apples, sometimes bananas but I usually always have frozen berries so I can make a quick smoothie :) Also, my chocolate protein shake helps curb the sugar cravings :) it's sweetened with honey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)