Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 14: 300 Calorie Breakfasts ~ BONUS DAY!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 120 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!

Welcome to day 14 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

As we discussed on day 9, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Below are 8 low cal, low fat breakfasts that will keep you fueled and energized throughout the morning.

Spinach and Parmesan Omelet:
In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute 1 cup chopped spinach and 1 tablespoon chopped scallion for 1 minute. Beat 2 eggs (or egg substitue) with a dash Tabasco; add to skillet. Cook until egg is cooked through, about 2
minutes. Flip and add 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan; cook 15 to 30 seconds. Serve with 1 slice toasted oat bread and 1/2 cup grapes.

Huevos Rancheros:
In a medium skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook 2 eggs sunny -side up. Mix 1/2 cup black beans and 1/4 cup salsa. Top bean-and-salsa mixture and eggs with 2 tablespoons shredded reduced fat-cheddar.

Raspberry-Banana Smoothie:
Combine 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen rapsberries, 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, and 8 ounces skim milk in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Eat with one slice whole wheat toast and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

Tropical Fruit Parfait:
Peel and cut 1/2 pink grapefruit and 1/2 navel orange into segments. Combine with 1/2 kiwi, peeled and chopped, and 1/4 cup pineapple chunks. Place 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt in a bowl. Spoon half the fruit mixture over yogurt, add 2 tablespoons high-fiber cereal. Add another 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, remaining fruit, and another 2 tablespoons high-fiber cereal. Top with 2 table­spoons shredded coconut.

Whole Grain Cereal Crunch:

In a medium bowl add, 1 cup of bran flakes, 1 tablespoon pecans, 2 tablespoons dried cranberries and 1 cup of nonfat or soy milk.

Strawberry Ricotta Waffles:
Top once toasted whole grain frozen or fresh waffle with 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese and 1 cup of sliced strawberries. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey over the top.

Honey and Pear Oatmel:
Prepare one packet of plain instant oatmeal with hot water. Dice one medium pear and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of honey. Microwave pear and honey mixture until warm. Top oatmeal with pear and honey mixture and sprinkle with a tablespoon of chopped almonds.

French Vanilla Toast with Berries:
Whisk 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg together. Dip two slices of whole grain bread into egg mixture. In a medium skillet, using cooking spray, saute bread on each side until brown. Top with half a cup of strawberries or raspberries.

It has been five days since I challenged you to eat breakfast everyday. Who has taken up the challenge?

Who is still struggling to eat breakfast daily?

What does your daily breakfast usually look like?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 14 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation.

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30 daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Giveaway starts 5/1/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 5/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 6/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wintersdaughter
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I'm still having a hard time with breakfast, but I'm at about 3 out of the last 5 days, which is really good for me.My breakfast is usually oatmeal (I'm breastfeeding), fruit and yogurt.
earthangel1967
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Usually my breakfast is a cup of Nuvia Trim Coffee (which contains raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract & ganoderma) made with truvia packets and 2 tbsps half and half.

If I have any appetite at all and feel like I am even ABLE to eat anything I eat 4 eggwhites, w/ few tbsps of sugar free torani caramel flavored syrup in them and sprinkle packet of truvia and cinnamon on top.

All of which is far less than 300 calories. FAR less. Also very low carb and high protein and low fat.

YVONNE

NWP
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I eat breakfast every day. It is usually just two cups of coffee and a boiled egg and banana

ablox
by New Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still having a hard time with the breakfast. I usually do a slice of whole wheat toast egg whites and an apple
mishamama
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I love breakfast! I love making almond milk smoothies, with strawberries, banana and blueberries.... nom.
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I do brkfast daily, usually two hard boiled eggwhites (i dont like the yolk), and pb toast around 8ish. Then around 10 i have a greek yogurt w cinnamin. Sometimes fruit also. I have to eat every twoish hours so i dont get super hungry or bored eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I have always struggled with eating breakfast daily.  Unfortunately I don't have ingredients for any of these meals.  Usually I'll have a bowl of apple oatmeal or something heavier potatoes, eggs, bacon, and cheese bowl  (both always with coffee)

Damienswife
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
My daily breakfast usualky is two eggs fried well with turkey sausage and a hash brown. Not the best but I try
musicalcat31
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

not sure  about the breakfast i am a picky eatter

MamaAjax
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

140 calories this morning.

Bolthouse Farms

Multi-V Goodness.

yesterday was a homemade peach vanilla smoothie. 185 calories

food for me to hold down in the morning, so I tend to liquefy it.

Mama Ajax @ Blogger

Just a little bit my life experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)