Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone else hates working out?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
:( I really don't like it. But I'm tired of carrying around these extra 15lbs and really need to get tone. :( how do you stay motivated?
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Have you tried different things to see if there's something you DO like?  That makes a big difference.  Also, how are you eating?  What/how you eat is 80% of the battle.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

What are you doing? What have you tried? If you find something you enjoy it will be much easier to stick with. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Eyelashes23
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I tried rhe treadmill and the other equipment a at the gym and I really hate it, I find it super boring. I can't go to the clases because I work full time and I'm a single mom. Right now I started Jillian Michael, I'm trying to stick to it
I just started this week. I only drink water, usually oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, for lunch either a soup or small sandwich. And for dinner I try to eat soup, if I eat rice and beans I eat half of what I used to eat. I eat fruits for snacks

Quoting musicpisces:

Have you tried different things to see if there's something you DO like?  That makes a big difference.  Also, how are you eating?  What/how you eat is 80% of the battle.

vboatner
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I agree with these other ladies. Find an activity that you enjoy. There are several dancing workouts that are FUN, you burn a lot of calories, and you do not even feel like you are working out. I used to hate working out when I was younger. But then I found things that I enjoy doing and up until lately(had a bad spout with depression) I have not had any problem staying motivated because it was things that I loved!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Gym equipment can be very boring.  What about getting out for a walk, or going hiking?  Can you put your kids in a stroller?  What about a dance DVD at home, something like Zumba?

Be careful about the sodium in soup.  Also, what about veggies?

Quoting Eyelashes23:

I tried rhe treadmill and the other equipment a at the gym and I really hate it, I find it super boring. I can't go to the clases because I work full time and I'm a single mom. Right now I started Jillian Michael, I'm trying to stick to it
I just started this week. I only drink water, usually oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, for lunch either a soup or small sandwich. And for dinner I try to eat soup, if I eat rice and beans I eat half of what I used to eat. I eat fruits for snacks

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

Eyelashes23
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I have the Zumba for the kinect but I'm finding it difficult to follow the dance steps. My son is 9. I do walk a lot in job.

Quoting musicpisces:

Gym equipment can be very boring.  What about getting out for a walk, or going hiking?  Can you put your kids in a stroller?  What about a dance DVD at home, something like Zumba?

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Get your son to go with you for walk and maybe try jogging!  My son loves to do that stuff.  What about biking together?  Or playing basketball or soccer or something he enjoys?  Doing it together might make it more fun for both of you, and help him stay healthy.  Not to mention the example you'll set for him!  =)

Quoting Eyelashes23:

I have the Zumba for the kinect but I'm finding it difficult to follow the dance steps. My son is 9. I do walk a lot in job.

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

jlinville30
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

If you go onto YouTube they have Zunba for beginners that breaks down the dance steps in slow motion so you can actually see what the dance steps are I have been using that before I pop in my Zumba DVD

Eyelashes23
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
We do play basketball sometimes and we walk together. I don't feel safe on a bike because I live in a busy city. I'm going to start walking and playing with him more regularly. He's very sporty, didn't get it from me lol

Quoting musicpisces:

Get your son to go with you for walk and maybe try jogging!  My son loves to do that stuff.  What about biking together?  Or playing basketball or soccer or something he enjoys?  Doing it together might make it more fun for both of you, and help him stay healthy.  Not to mention the example you'll set for him!  =)

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM

He could be your best cheerleader!  That's great that he's sporty!  I bet he'd love if you wanted to play more with him!  At least he's still young enough for that!  Is there a bike path in your city somewhere where you could ride safely?  I know some cities are better than others for that.

I hope you're able to enjoy yourself getting moving! 

Quoting Eyelashes23:

We do play basketball sometimes and we walk together. I don't feel safe on a bike because I live in a busy city. I'm going to start walking and playing with him more regularly. He's very sporty, didn't get it from me lol

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN