Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Motivate me with your success stories!!

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

So with the wonderful weather I am recommitting myself to my weightloss goals.  I have pretty much stalled out over the holidays (I'm up 4lbs from my lowest weight of 180.)  I started my journey before I conceived my daughter at 215lbs.  The day I delivered I was 235.  I started my journey at 3 months pp (13 months ago) and had awesome success while I had my gym membership, but after we moved I lost that (no gyms with daycare here).

I feel stuck.  So share your stories with me!! I need motivation!! IMy real life friends are constantly "dieting" with one having gastric bypass (she did lose a lot but I do not wish to emulate her food choices, artificial sugar, "fat free/sugar free, etc).  The other does crazy restriction diets (under 1200 cal).  I want to prove to myself that I can eat clean, feel amazing and look amazing.  

Thanks!

by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello :) I was 195 the day I started my weight loss journey, I lost just over 70 lbs in about a year working out from home. I track my calories using an app called myfitnesspal. It can be done and You can do it!!!! Feel free to message me any time at all :D

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I lost 60 lbs in a year, working out at home and eating around 1600-1800 calories (started out closer to 2000 for the first few months). Now I maintain on about 2100 cals

Good luck !
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I've lost my weight by eating clean and exercising.  I had awful knee and back pain when I started, and now I'm a distance runner training for my first marathon.  I'm seriously thinking of becoming an ultradistance trail runner (ultradistance is anything longer than a marathon, which is 26.2 miles), because I LOVE long trail runs so much, and I'm getting good at going long, even if I'm not fast.  I'd LOVE to do one of those trips where you run trails and camp along the way (like backpacking but faster!).  Most my my goals now are related to running or triathlon or lifting.  Right now, I'm working on pull-ups, too!

I have a couple of journals if you want to read about what's working for me:

Clean eating

What's working for me

Weight loss tips

You can do it!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Monsita
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

treadmillMy success story is not written yet!!!  So far I can only tell you that my real challenge was to get use to exercise 5 days a week.  THERE WERE DAYS WHEN I FELT LIKE NOT EVEN GOING FOR A 30 MINUTES WALK, but it was when I needed to push myself and now i am getting into the habit!!!  My energy level is amazing and I am here IN CAFEMOM to get motivate as frequently as I need to. SO welcome to cafemomYOU WILL GET MOTIVATION HERE!!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so true!  This group is a major source of motivation for me!  Great job getting moving, mama!!

Quoting Monsita:

treadmillMy success story is not written yet!!!  So far I can only tell you that my real challenge was to get use to exercise 5 days a week.  THERE WERE DAYS WHEN I FELT LIKE NOT EVEN GOING FOR A 30 MINUTES WALK, but it was when I needed to push myself and now i am getting into the habit!!!  My energy level is amazing and I am here IN CAFEMOM to get motivate as frequently as I need to. SO welcome to cafemomYOU WILL GET MOTIVATION HERE!!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not done yet, but so far, I have lost about 57 lbs. I started at 239 and now I'm at 182 and still going

I started in late Feb. of 2012 and have done it by counting calories  and working out.

You don't need crazy diets or any of that. Just find something that works for you (that you can do and stick with)

This group has helped a lot too. I've learned a lot in here, and they are very supportive.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not at the end of my journey either, but I'm halfway there. I started at 330 or so after the birthday of my son In 2009. In November of 2012, I decided to get serious. I basically gave away or donated all of our processed foods and started over. I've been counting calories and exercising 4-5 days/week. I just recently got into running and am loving it. So far, I've lost over 80 pounds. ☺

childofGod995
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM

http://www.sparkpeople.com/ have alot of exercises you can do at home.

choco_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Its all about baby steps.  I gains 60+ with my son and I have lost it plus some and kept it off for 10 years.  Yes I gone up and down by 10 lbs that is easier than 60. Its a lifetime battle because I LOVE food so much LOL I did it thru walking outside and with Leslie Sansone DVD's at home.  I have moved up to running now but still love to walk.

You don't have to do the crazy diets or surgery, just portion control, fruits and veggies and don't deprive yourself.  Still have some small treats sometimes.

Can you load your baby into the stroller and walk.  Set some goals around your neighborhood or park and each week add to it.    Go thru your pantry and get rid of the crap and stock up on the good stuff :)

You can do it!!  you have the right mind set. 

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Thanks ladies keep em coming. This winter has been BRUTAL here. And "spring" just started last week so definite cabin fever! We went from 22 degrees on Monday morning to 70 degrees on Tuesday!! We had several April snowstorms and 1 in may!

This week I've been biking to work (only 3 miles but its a start) and I started aqua Zumba one day a week in march.

Definitely baby steps! My husband works overnights so we get very little family time so I feel incredibly guilty if I waste that time making him watch her so I can go to the gym. I tried some wii games but I get so bored! Lately I've been running stairs and lifting my hand weights every night before bed.
I probably should get back into the habit of tracking my meals on mfp. (I stopped cuz I was part of a different site through my old gym but not snymore. I think I need a new account cuz I have a bunch of "friends" there too who only eat 1000-1200 cal/day then brag about if (and complain cuz they're always hungry).

Just love hearing real stories of big girls who shrink! Thanks for your success stories! Congrats ladies! I'm off to refill my water bottle for the 6th time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)