Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 17: Lullaby and Goodnight

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 90 Replies

Welcome to day 17 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Lullaby and Goodnight.

Sleep more and get slim.

Health professionals and research agree, to reap the benefits of sleep for weight loss, you should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.

• Getting 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night produces negative changes in metabolism, mainly glucose and insulin, which can lead to weight gain
  • Lack of sleep affects the hormones that influence body weight
  • Hormonal changes inflicted by lack of sleep may also cause you to crave unhealthy foods linked to weight gain.
  • Lack of sleep increases daytime stress levels leading to unhealthy food cravings.
  • Sleep loss interferes with the body’s ability to manufacture muscle mass. With less muscle, extra food calories are converted into fat. 

Tips to get a good nights rest include:

• Avoid daytime naps
  • Shut off light stimulants like the TV and computer half an hour before bedtime
  • Schedule your bedtime at the same time every night, including weekends if possible
  • Do not exercise three hours prior to bedtime. Exercise in the morning but no later than late afternoon

On average, how many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Did you know lack of sleep can contribute to weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight?

If you are not getting between 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, I challenge you to try to do so for the remainder of this challenge. Track your sleep and how you are effected vs when you do not get 7 to 8 hours a night.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 17 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebelmama85
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I've been getting 7-8 hrs a night! I LOVE to sleep:)

**Woohoo first!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

This is definitely an area where I struggle.  I should be trying to get to bed earlier.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It varies and it is broken. I have to get up at different times usually just once but sometimes (like last night more) at 3:00 AM to check the blood sugar of my nine year old. He has type 1 Diabetes.

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know lack of sleep could contribute to weight gain.

MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
This will be a challenge for me I finally fall asleep around 12 and up no later than 5:30 to work out but I will try :) seems like there are not enough hours in the day or I am just a party animal lol
Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I try to get to bed as early as I possibly can.

HisAngel91
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 2 month old so i dont get alot of sleep. Lol i didnt know that about sleeping.
cowgirls10181
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I usually knit before bed, last night i went for an 8 block walk before bed, it was relaxing.. hubby watches tv tell he falls asleep every night, i cant.
Dabberdoo
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I get at least 7 hours. I don't function well on less than 8.
Millertime77
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I usually get 6-7 hrs. of sleep each night and maybe a nap on the weekend.  Sleep is very important-but I have a toddler!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)