Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 17: Lullaby and Goodnight
Welcome to day 17 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
Lullaby and Goodnight.
Sleep more and get slim.
Health professionals and research agree, to reap the benefits of sleep for weight loss, you should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Getting 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night produces negative changes in metabolism, mainly glucose and insulin, which can lead to weight gain
- Lack of sleep affects the hormones that influence body weight
- Hormonal changes inflicted by lack of sleep may also cause you to crave unhealthy foods linked to weight gain.
- Lack of sleep increases daytime stress levels leading to unhealthy food cravings.
- Sleep loss interferes with the body’s ability to manufacture muscle mass. With less muscle, extra food calories are converted into fat.
Tips to get a good nights rest include:
- Avoid daytime naps
- Shut off light stimulants like the TV and computer half an hour before bedtime
- Schedule your bedtime at the same time every night, including weekends if possible
- Do not exercise three hours prior to bedtime. Exercise in the morning but no later than late afternoon
On average, how many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Did you know lack of sleep can contribute to weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight?
If you are not getting between 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, I challenge you to try to do so for the remainder of this challenge. Track your sleep and how you are effected vs when you do not get 7 to 8 hours a night.
** Don't forget to update your food journal.
** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.
** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!
One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30 daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!