Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

And to think that just last week....

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was stressing because I didn't have any races on the books and that was my first time in over a year with nothing! Now my schedule is piling up! Aside from a few 5k's this summer...I have:

October - Tower or Terror 10 miler
November - Savannah Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon, Tough Mudder
January - possibly Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon (either doing this or the dumbo double dare next summer to get my coast to coast medal)
February - princess 1/2 marathon

I'm also eyeing a few triathlons. I feel so relieved and excited to have some stuff lined up! :)
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Haha!  YOU, no races???  Yeah, THAT woudn't last!  LOL

Very cool!!  I wish I could fill up my calendar like that!  I thought about doing a tri this summer, but I think I want to be able to focus on TM and my marathon.  I dunno.  I cross train anyway, so we'll see.  The rates don't go up until later this month.  Still mulling...

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I considered the Wdw full marathon in January but I just don't feel like I have the time I would need to put into training. Not without giving up my Crossfit and I'm not ready to do that.

And yeah, that no races thing is for the birds. I had to remedy that ASAP!

Quoting musicpisces:

Very cool!!  I wish I could fill up my calendar like that!  I thought about doing a tri this summer, but I think I want to be able to focus on TM and my marathon.  I dunno.  I cross train anyway, so we'll see.  The rates don't go up until later this month.  Still mulling...

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Just typing that made me rethink my marathon decision! Ahhh! What to do! I could always just run/walk it...with a lot more walking than running in the end haha. Idk....it's only 62% full now so I have time to think about it.

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yeah, see where you are as it gets closer.  I tend to end up paying through the nose for races, because I can't really sign up for stuff until it gets close with the way my schedule is.  It sucks, but I don't want to sign up for races I can't feasibly do, or stress myself and my body out trying to get ready for them.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Just typing that made me rethink my marathon decision! Ahhh! What to do! I could always just run/walk it...with a lot more walking than running in the end haha. Idk....it's only 62% full now so I have time to think about it.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Good for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN