Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of your favorite exercises? Plus exercise tips for beginners?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

I finally got the motivation to start excercising and it really helped me out that hubby started working out with me because when I do it alone I give up a lot easier. Well I was curious what are some of your favorite excercises and why? I really want to work on my all my abs (especially to get rid of my baby pouch) and love handles and I have nasty back fat/skin that I got after I had my daughter. Any tips on how to best work on those areas? I'm doing some workout videos now, but I want to learn some extra moves that will really help my target areas. Thanks ladies! :)

by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlnimo
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I'm in love with 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's amazing and the best part is you're done in 20 minutes. I'm losing weight and inches!!!!!
ChelleBoo23
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I just started that actually. :) me and my SO are doing it together.

Quoting dlnimo:

I'm in love with 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's amazing and the best part is you're done in 20 minutes. I'm losing weight and inches!!!!!
MorganTho
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Planks! Wall-sits, squats, triceps dips, upright rows
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM
My DH does it with me too :)

Quoting ChelleBoo23:

I just started that actually. :) me and my SO are doing it together.

Quoting dlnimo:

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I recently got into running and I adore it. Not sure if that'd help you or not though...☺

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

You can't spot-lose the fat, sadly.  But by lowering your overall body fat, you'll really help yourself.  How are you eating?

My first thought was also 30 Day Shred.  Walking or running, hiking, biking, swimming, Zumba, etc are all great places to start!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I started out with exercise bike and then workout dvds like Jillian's and Billy Blanks's.  =)  Now I do elliptical type machines at the gym and I lift weights.  My favorite of Jillian's is No More Trouble Zones but Ripped in 30 is great too!

I agree with Suz that you can't choose where the fat comes off first.  good luck!

3mom627
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Good question, wish I had the answer. I did really good when I first started zumba, now after about 2 years, no weight is coming off.

3MOM627

have a nice day

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM

planks and pushups, you will hate them until you love them. dont be afraid to modify and get your form perfect on your knees before moving to your toes if you cant go on your toes yet. weights will help your back as well :) feel free to pm me if you want to chat. Ive been there lost 70lbs after my 3rd child you can do it!!

rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Any ab work you do is best using an exercise ball. It gives you a fuller range of motion. Personally, I like combination moves like a lunge and twist (hold a dumbbell in your hands, step back into a lunge and rotate from left to right, then stand back up). Works a ton of muscles at the same time. Dead lifts and squats are other favorites. Tricep dips, arm curls, push ups, and planks are other super awesome ones too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)