Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ladies 160 lbs and over (or former ladies) ? Advice please? EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you manage to get started? I currently weigh 167.4 as of today and I am completely out of shape. How did you manage to do sit ups and push ups and all the stuff that requires strength without gasping for breath and feeling like your heart is galloping out of your chest?

Did you start clean eating and exercising at the same time? I just need some tips/pointers to get started? Also some before and after pics wouldn't hurt :P Thanks ladies :D

EDIT: I meant to ask how to start off in the gym. What equipment did you start using 1st? Why? What's more important cardio or strength?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Replies (31-33):
SaraNicole1019
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I'm 167 also.
I do the walk at home sometimes, mostly before or after another workout.
Do Jillian michaels 30 day shred and bootcamo. I just push myself, or take a break an start again when I'm ready. You'll eventually get into better shape the more you try! :) I also have a treadmill, and I find some good beginner workouts for it on Pinterest. ;)
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Cardio and strength are both equally important. If you're starting in a gym, ask for a free training session if it's not offered so you can learn about all the equipment and what's best to use. Personally, I prefer the free weights to the machines (I tend to get a better workout that way).

AutuColt1983
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
You ladies are totally an inspiration! I am currently at about 160-165 been up and down between there the past couple months. I went from 145 this past summer to what I'm at today due to stress. Wish I were one of those that lose weight when stressed. Lol

Rarely do fast food because it just taste horrible to us or we will get physically ill from it when we do eat it. I will say that I have let soda ruin me lol stupid Mountain Dew. I plan to replace that habit with lemon water which I love anyway.
We also want to juice more. I would love to do a juice fast but since I'm the only one who would be Doing it I feel like its not fair to spend money we don't have on food only I can eat when it should be spent on meals for all of us. We try to stick to cheap but healthy meals.
Fresh spring rolls with Thai peanut sauce or pasta with fresh tomato and basil or vegetarian tacos.

I really need toget back into the physical aspect of weight loss. I have not done squat and so that's no surprise that I don't lose much for long lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)