Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight loss after a tubal?

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am having a tubal done soon.  I am on birth control, and for medical reasons I may have to stay on it after the tubal (ovary issues that can be controled with BC, but I still want the tubal because I'm done having kids, and at this point pregnancy is very dangerous for me)

So a few questions - Does your period stop after a tubal.. I realize this is different for everyone but just curious what the majority is.

Also, did you find it easier or harder to lose weight afterwards?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sissykay78
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM
No your period doesn't stop. Since you still have all your female organs. I myself didn't have a good time after my tubal. I developed Post Tubligation Syndrome and had horrible periods and pain. I had a tubal reversal in 2011 and all is well again with my cycle. But I know lots and lots of woman that have no issues with their tubal.
GoldenLinds
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
From what I hear mst women put on ton of weight afterwards because of hormone imbalance. Idk though. I'd be asking my doctor.
sissykay78
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I also know lots of woman who have lost weight after a tubal. But they had to do the same as others with diet and excersize:)
Silvertears1275
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I've had a tubal.  I still have my period, and it's pretty much the same as before I ever had kids.  I don't think it has any effect on my weight loss.

cocoroo
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I had a tubal 10 1/2 years ago.  I have gained about 20 lbs since then, but that is due to age,poor diet and lack of exercise, not the tubal. My period are the same as far as floe,ramps, etc.

lizard3731
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I had a tubal after my last child.  I don't think it affected my weight one way or the other.  It has been hard to lost weight, but some of that is my own poor choices.

baseballmom5416
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM

i had a tubal 15 years ago. my periods are fine. my weight goes up and down the reason. stress,lack of exercise and diet.

knagsmom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I've had the same issues for 4 yrs since my tubal. IM getting a hysterectomy Wednesday.
OP I have gained weight since mine but stayed around 195.

Quoting sissykay78:

No your period doesn't stop. Since you still have all your female organs. I myself didn't have a good time after my tubal. I developed Post Tubligation Syndrome and had horrible periods and pain. I had a tubal reversal in 2011 and all is well again with my cycle. But I know lots and lots of woman that have no issues with their tubal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)