Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Would someone be willing to do my BMR please!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I know I have asked before, but I need it done again please! I tried to do it on my own but I do not think I am doing it correctly.

I am not breastfeeding, 31 years of age, weigh 229 and would like it done for working out a couple of days a week and also working out like 6 days a week. I am going to start of slow on the workouts and then pick up. Thank you so much!!!

Angela mama to..

by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-23):
angchick
by Ang on May. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Thankbu for the recipe. Another question, is important to try and have a healthy fat at every meal? Where can I buy coconut butter? And so I should also still keep eating more high protein too, low carb and more veggies? I should have more veggies than fruit correct?
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM

You should be able to find coconut oil (different than coconut butter) in most stores, with other oils.  You may have to go to Whole Foods or other health food store.  I buy it at Costco!  I also use it on my skin.

You don't need to have healthy fat at every single meal, but it's a good idea to have a little bit of fat, because some vitamins (A,D,E,K) are fat-soluble, meaning they are only absorbed when consumed with fat.  That's part of the reason fat free salad dressings are a bad idea (plus they often have added sugar and sodium- fantastic!  LOL). 

Veggies give you more bang for your caloric buck than fruit, and fruit tends to be higher in natural sugars, so they're great in moderation, but should be limited to 2-3 servings per day. Aim to take in as many veggies as possible!

You don't need to go super low carb or high protein, but carbs are more easily processed/digested, so they won't keep you full as long.  However, if you start exercising a lot, distance running, etc, you'll need carbs to fuel those workouts.

Quoting angchick:

Thankbu for the recipe. Another question, is important to try and have a healthy fat at every meal? Where can I buy coconut butter? And so I should also still keep eating more high protein too, low carb and more veggies? I should have more veggies than fruit correct?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

angchick
by Ang on May. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thank you so much!!!!

Quoting musicpisces:

You should be able to find coconut oil (different than coconut butter) in most stores, with other oils.  You may have to go to Whole Foods or other health food store.  I buy it at Costco!  I also use it on my skin.

You don't need to have healthy fat at every single meal, but it's a good idea to have a little bit of fat, because some vitamins (A,D,E,K) are fat-soluble, meaning they are only absorbed when consumed with fat.  That's part of the reason fat free salad dressings are a bad idea (plus they often have added sugar and sodium- fantastic!  LOL). 

Veggies give you more bang for your caloric buck than fruit, and fruit tends to be higher in natural sugars, so they're great in moderation, but should be limited to 2-3 servings per day. Aim to take in as many veggies as possible!

You don't need to go super low carb or high protein, but carbs are more easily processed/digested, so they won't keep you full as long.  However, if you start exercising a lot, distance running, etc, you'll need carbs to fuel those workouts.

Quoting angchick:

Angela mama to..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)