Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back after baby!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi ladies!! I've been in this group for about a year now but not active due to pregnancy! Little Brody is now almost 6 weeks old and its time for momma to get back to a bikini body!! Lol!!
I weighed 185 when I found out I was pregnant. I'm 5'7. I was borderline gestational diabetic and was placed on a low carb diet to avoid insulin. At delivery I weighed 193, so 8 lbs more. Well baby weighed 7 lbs 15 ounces!!
I am now 168 lbs at 5 weeks, 4 days post partum. The photo above is my official "before" photo! My goal weight is 135-140. I like to run, I had started to train for my first 5k when I found out I was pregnant. So I plan to start that gain soon. I'm also doing the 30 day squat and crunch challenges. I had to start over today because three days ago (the day I started the challenges), I played three softball games after not playing in two years and have barely been able to move since!
So that's my story!! I'm glad to be back!!
by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mkmommy0406
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Mobile Photo

And here's baby boy talking to me a few minutes ago!
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Just remenber: Slow and steady wins the race...

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job keeping your weiht in check while pregnant!  He's gorgeous- congratulations!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mkmommy0406
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting musicpisces:

Great job keeping your weiht in check while pregnant!  He's gorgeous- congratulations!

ACsLady
by Chrystal on May. 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM

It's good to see another fellow postpartum mama. My daughter will be 5 weeks on Monday. :) I'll be starting my workouts at the beginning of June with my hubby. My body is a wreck, so I'm taking things slow and really easing into it. I'm really excited to get started though.

I hope you're rewarded quickly in your efforts and that you stay encouraged by your progress. Can't wait to see your pictures as you go along. :)

mkmommy0406
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Hey!!! One of my breast feeding encouragers too right?? Yay!! We are 6 weeks on Tuesday! I had started trying to get into shape before I got pregnant. I had so much trouble with preeclampsia in my previous pregnancies that I didn't even bother to work out this time! I should have cause I didnt have it at all this go round! Keep me posted on your progress too!!

Quoting ACsLady:

It's good to see another fellow postpartum mama. My daughter will be 5 weeks on Monday. :) I'll be starting my workouts at the beginning of June with my hubby. My body is a wreck, so I'm taking things slow and really easing into it. I'm really excited to get started though.

I hope you're rewarded quickly in your efforts and that you stay encouraged by your progress. Can't wait to see your pictures as you go along. :)

wenDmommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Omg congrats on the weight.. I'm afraid to see how much I weigh after I deliver. I've gained 21 lbs so far but I was extremely out of shape before so I'm 5'5 and I was weighing 167 before now I'm about 184 due the 22nd. Blah.. Any who..

What are ur workouts consisting of?
mkmommy0406
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Thank you!! And congrats on the baby!!
During pregnancy I gave up sodas and bread/pasta/potatoes, the main high sugar/carb foods that I normally like! I was to keep all meals at or below 45 carbs and snacks at 15. It definitely kept my weight in check. In fact, I lost weight a every visit during my third trimester!
Right now I'm taking it slow, I'm walking and doing squat and crunch challenges. I plan to work back up to running again, my goal is to run a 5K this fall. And when I go back to work and money isn't so tight, i'm going to get something like insanity or Jillian michaels 30 day shred. Dh is wanting something we can do together.

Quoting wenDmommy:Omg congrats on the weight.. I'm afraid to see how much I weigh after I deliver. I've gained 21 lbs so far but I was extremely out of shape before so I'm 5'5 and I was weighing 167 before now I'm about 184 due the 22nd. Blah.. Any who..

What are ur workouts consisting of?
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
He's adorable.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome back and good luck!  He's SO cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)