Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice losing weight

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
begging early may 2013 I came across this water weight lost diet. I was weight at 198 and I have try everything, which in was unsuccessful. I was sent these herbal diet supplement pills for 90 days. I've lost 12 lbs in three weeks. OK my problem is I want to lose my belly fat any suggestion that I can do that will fit in my busy life style. I work eight hours a day come home take care of my son and the house.I am open for any suggestions
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Stay away from anything that promises WATER weight loss!!  Your body NEEDS water, and retained water will be lost if you reduce your sodium and refined carb intake.  You can get really sick if you lose too much water and are taking water pills that are not prescribed by a doctor for something like high blood pressure.

You say you've tried everything- what have you tried?

Eating a clean diet, doing cardio and strength training and drinking plenty of water will get your belly down.  We all have busy lives and we make it work.  I'm gone 12 hours a day and I still manage to eat clean and work out.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Don't take pills first of all ;)

find out how many calories you should eat (they can figure that our for you in here if you want)

find ways to work out and drink water :)

start with little things and build on them (working out 15 min a day, drinking so much water, cutting fast food...)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I use myfitnesspal to track my food And calories. I work full time and have 2 sons. For over a year, I worked out after the kids went to bed. Mostly Jillian Michaels DVDs. I lost 60 lbs in a year. Now I workout at the gym on my lunch break four days a week. My belly used to stick out further than my boobs. Now it's almost flat. Lol ;). Good luck
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

time to start working out at home :) I workout after my kids go to bed at night. If you want you can send me a pm :)

CaNdI-Sp
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I have tried carb diet, and weight watchers, I've talked to a professional personal trainers they told me drinking plenty of water is actually better as long I'm testing smaller serving size like 1/4 cup of veggies and fruits and meats I'm being active. The pills I'm taking are natural herbal pills that helps make me fill Fuller even through I'm drinking water all day long and eating lot healthier I even did research on how to lose weight that won't harm me, I wanted all of your options any other ways that could help me lose weight ? I know this sounds crazy and maybe dumb to ask. I also tried diets cut out certain meats, and body cleanser diets which one of my friends is doing and the snakes she makes looks gross . I love to walk but don't have time during the week. I use one day to be my bad day I can get whatever but I've been doing pretty good keeping smaller serving sizes. I have cut out tea out i m not big on cokes I love beer on the weekends I have one or two the most . if you have any suggestions or any other ways that could help me lose weight little faster by the time summer is officially here that would be awesome.
and thanks you all..
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM

To lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn.  It's that simple. 

80+% of weight loss is diet related, so get that into shape.  You can't just "eat right" because it's possible to eat the right things and still consume too many calories in a day.

You need to have your BMR calculated by someone on this board, then track your calorie intake using something (MyFitnessPal, etc.)

You mention that you want to lose weight faster---well honey, how fast are you looking?  Cause 12 pounds in 3 weeks is 4 pounds a week on average, which is very, very high.

CaNdI-Sp
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM
if I can lose at least 2lbs a week that be awesome and keep losing it til I get down at least 140 lbs . I know it will take time and I have to work and harder it will be . what do you all think about the Wii work out games are they worth it ?
jazzijazz
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

i am so clueless about what diet to start what workout to begin any help here would be awesome i would like to lose 40lbs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)