Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it, I did it!

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
7 moms liked this

My first official "I'm going to run this" 5k race is in exactly one week.  I started out, I guess about 10 weeks ago and couldn't run for more than 60 seconds without thinking I was dying.  But I've kept on and today I had set a goal for 2.75 miles.  I was going to go a total of 4 miles, so I walked 1/4 mile and then started running.  When I was creeping up on 3 miles, which would have been my stopping point for running, I started to think about a really good friend of mine.  She runs and has told me that lately when she has trouble finishing a run, she thinks of me and pushes herself to keep going.  It also happens to be her birthday.  So I thought, "You know what?  Happy Birthday, pal... It's payback time."

And I ran 3.1 miles.  My first 5k!  For my friend =)

I'm actually kind of glad I did it today, when I was all alone, because I was pretty emotional about it and I prefer to be like that when I'm not in a crowd of people like I will be next weekend.  LOL

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzijazz
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats and goodluck

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM
That's awesome! Way to go!
mkmommy0406
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Woo hoo!!!! I started walking yesterday, gonna build back up to running! I want to do my first 5K this fall
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM

YAY!!!  I get emotional when I think about my big goals like that or accomplish something I'm really proud of when I run.  I've actually been brought to tears.  I can relate!  GREAT JOB!!  I bet your friend is proud of you!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Great job!!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Woo hoo!!!!!!!  Way to push through!

MamaJessx3
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
That's so awesome! Congrats!
MamaJessx3
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
The only run I've ever been emotional enough to be brought to tears was my first half marathon at Disney. The one I was supposed to run with my mom and dad, but dad got diagnosed 2 days beforehand. Mom and I ran it together, side by side the whole time. We were a mess! It was tough not to be emotional. Very bittersweet completing our first half marathon together, but without my dad. Needless to say I didn't order any of the finish line pics lol

Quoting musicpisces:

YAY!!!  I get emotional when I think about my big goals like that or accomplish something I'm really proud of when I run.  I've actually been brought to tears.  I can relate!  GREAT JOB!!  I bet your friend is proud of you!  =)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Oh, I can only imagine how that was.  I remember sending you a lot of positive thoughts that day.

I had my lst long run before my last half the morning my grandfather passed away.  He was SO proud of my running and my weight loss, and I just kept thinking about him.  I broke down in tears a few times that day, and had to stop running to calm down. 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

The only run I've ever been emotional enough to be brought to tears was my first half marathon at Disney. The one I was supposed to run with my mom and dad, but dad got diagnosed 2 days beforehand. Mom and I ran it together, side by side the whole time. We were a mess! It was tough not to be emotional. Very bittersweet completing our first half marathon together, but without my dad. Needless to say I didn't order any of the finish line pics lol

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaJessx3
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I remember that day for you as well :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Oh, I can only imagine how that was.  I remember sending you a lot of positive thoughts that day.

I had my lst long run before my last half the morning my grandfather passed away.  He was SO proud of my running and my weight loss, and I just kept thinking about him.  I broke down in tears a few times that day, and had to stop running to calm down. 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)