Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 3 Replies

Mobile Photo

This was me when i was 190 lbs 3 months pregnant. I was looking at that the other day thinking, I really want to be 50 lbs less than that? Idk I'm just second guessing my goal weght. Do you think my face would be too thin? But my major goal was that i wanted to comfortably fit into a size six. . It's been my dream size since high school i just never thought it was possible. And if i don't keep my goal weight I don't think there's a chance of me getting into a size 6..idk anymore. . Any advice?
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Keep in mind that goals don't have to be set in stone.  Mine keeps changing.  My initial goal was 160.  When I got down to 200, I reassessed it to 134 (half of my original weight), and I'm wondering if that's too low for me, too.  I will see as I get closer, I suppose!  You never know when you'll be in a size 6, either- I have some size 6s that fit in the 150s, and I have NEVER been a single digit size.  When I was my thinnest ever (before this), at 161 and sick (I'd lost 11 lbs in a week because I had an awful infection), I was still a size 10.  I'm in way better shape now, the best shape of my life.  So I'm a more compact package now!  LOL  =)  See where your body takes you, ya know?  Don't fixate on the number, but maybe aim to get to 160 or 170 and go from there.  Or keep your goal of 140, and if you feel good with a weight before you get there, then stop.  What's it going to hurt, right?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
That's true. .. thank you

Quoting musicpisces:

Keep in mind that goals don't have to be set in stone.  Mine keeps changing.  My initial goal was 160.  When I got down to 200, I reassessed it to 134 (half of my original weight), and I'm wondering if that's too low for me, too.  I will see as I get closer, I suppose!  You never know when you'll be in a size 6, either- I have some size 6s that fit in the 150s, and I have NEVER been a single digit size.  When I was my thinnest ever (before this), at 161 and sick (I'd lost 11 lbs in a week because I had an awful infection), I was still a size 10.  I'm in way better shape now, the best shape of my life.  So I'm a more compact package now!  LOL  =)  See where your body takes you, ya know?  Don't fixate on the number, but maybe aim to get to 160 or 170 and go from there.  Or keep your goal of 140, and if you feel good with a weight before you get there, then stop.  What's it going to hurt, right?

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Suz is right, you'll just have to change your goal as you go.  It's really hard to tell what you might look or feel like at 25 lbs lighter. Maybe you'll feel great and find that you're in a totally different size than you expected (sizes are totally screwy, I have size 2s that fit and size 8s that fit!), or maybe you'll think you'ld like to lose 25 more lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)