Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What would you do?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
My husband is a big guy and hes wanted to lose weight for a while. Well now Ive been doing my healthy eating and working out I tried involving him in it too and he said he doesnt like to be pressured to do something, so I dropped it. But I think the real problem is hes afraid of trying and not losing anything. For a while there he did eat better and he was more active and he gained 5 in like a week and he got really frustrated and hasnt tried since. I dont want to bring it up and make him feel bad or anything but I worry about his health and if we both do it it'll be so much easier, not to mention the grocery bill would go down significantly if we didnt have to buy seperate food for ourselves.

But I dont know what to do, I think hes a little jealous because Im doing something and its working for me. Every week when I tell him how much Ive lost he says "good job" but he looks kinda sad. I want to help him but he isnt letting me, should I drop it and just keep doing my own thing or should I try some other approach to it?
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

it's kind of like smoking...until the person is really  ready to do it for themselves, it's not going to happen 

I understand you wanting to help him, but unless he decideds he is ready, it's not going to do much good 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM
He has to decide he is ready and really commit to it on his own. Just be there to support him when he is.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Yep.  These ladies are right..he has to want to do it for himself.  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I agree with these ladies.  When he's ready, he'll make it work.  Believe me, I understand- I watch DH go through the same thing.  I've tried every approach to get him to jump on board, and it took me awhile to just accept that he has to come to it on his own.  It SUCKS.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN