Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

INSANITY Workout

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

Looking to talk to someone that has completed the insanity workout. I have a few questions.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I have. What's up?
Mrs.Burke11
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM

What should I expect? what should I know. I will be watching it on youtube so I don't have any of the information or books.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

I have. What's up?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM

It's a hardcore workout that isn't for beginners.  Take your time and do the best you can.  You will work your way up in that workout.  Take breaks when you need it.  Drink plenty of water!  Good luck!

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 5:42 AM

what the girl above me said..its pretty hardcore.  you can also get the outline for when to do each work out on the beachbody site.

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

What can you expect? 

The urge to throw up in the first 9 minute warm up. 

No, seriously...it is NOT for beginners. It is very intense and if you are out of shape, you will fight the urge to throw up throughout the workout. Take breaks if necessary, but don't let your heart rate drop too much or it will defeat the purpose of that type of workout. 

Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated before, during and after the workout. 

Be very mindful of your form. Never sacrifice form to go faster as it will cause injury. 

Make sure you fuel yourelf properly as month 2 will burn through every bit of food you consume. 

Land softly. It is packed with Plyometrics and it is essential for your knees and back that you land softly. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM

i have and continue to do the workouts becasue they're so awesome!

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Me too! I love them!

Quoting itsm3:

i have and continue to do the workouts becasue they're so awesome!

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I agree with everyone but I think you can do it if you're not in shape. Just go at your pace and don't expect to keep up with them on the video. It will be hard and you will be sore. But it works.
Mrs.Burke11
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Dh and I are going to do it together but are both really out of shape :/

Quoting mcginnisc:

What can you expect? 

The urge to throw up in the first 9 minute warm up. 

No, seriously...it is NOT for beginners. It is very intense and if you are out of shape, you will fight the urge to throw up throughout the workout. Take breaks if necessary, but don't let your heart rate drop too much or it will defeat the purpose of that type of workout. 

Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated before, during and after the workout. 

Be very mindful of your form. Never sacrifice form to go faster as it will cause injury. 

Make sure you fuel yourelf properly as month 2 will burn through every bit of food you consume. 

Land softly. It is packed with Plyometrics and it is essential for your knees and back that you land softly. 

itsm3
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

here is a trick to the insanity workouts:

do the first few workouts facing the tv so that you get to know what the moves are. once you think you know the majority of them, start doing the workouts with your back to the tv so that you're just listening out for his (audio) cues. 

this way, you're still doing the program without trying to  keep up with the rest of the class. i found that when i faced the tv, i started trying to keep up with the (ultra fit) class and then tired myself out way before the breaks.  by not facing the tv, i was still going hard but not in that frantic-like pace and i was actually able to keep up with the program. 

as you get more fit, you can start doing the workouts facing the tv. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)