Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Gonna be hot!

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 20 Replies

It was hot and humid when I took the kids to school at 7:30 this morning. It was even hotter when I came out of the gym at 9 am. It was almost 80!! It's going to be slightly hot here in Atlanta today....it makes me scared to see July- September... we may die when we go to Disney next weekend. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

LOL it's getting hot here too. Saturday morning it wasn't so hot but HUMID and so gross. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Yuck, you can have it!  LOL  I'm so glad it doesn't get real humid here.  I do fine running outside even in the 90s here.  Good thing, since my marathon is here in August!  It's been in the 80s, cooling into the 70s this week.  My first thought- perfect running weather!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

keeblergirl820
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM
It hot here in California too! 90 tomorrow and it not even summer yet. :(
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 22, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

Yuck, you can have it!  LOL  I'm so glad it doesn't get real humid here.  I do fine running outside even in the 90s here.  Good thing, since my marathon is here in August!  It's been in the 80s, cooling into the 70s this week.  My first thought- perfect running weather!  LOL

Oh no...when we are in FL, I go running around 6:30am or so as it is not horribly humid yet...if you wait until 7:30 or later, it is already over 80 and very thick...it is just too miserable to run in. 

Heath turned on the a/c yesterday around 7 pm as it was still around 87 outside. I looked at him and said " we're going to die in FL next week." He just nodded in agreement. My mom said it was supposed to be around 100 down there today....gotta love central FL. LOL 

Claire

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Actually it hasn't been too bad here lately heat wise (at least I don't think so). The only thing that stinks right now is the rain. I went running yesterday morning around 6:30 and it was perfect!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting musicpisces:

Oh no...when we are in FL, I go running around 6:30am or so as it is not horribly humid yet...if you wait until 7:30 or later, it is already over 80 and very thick...it is just too miserable to run in. 

Heath turned on the a/c yesterday around 7 pm as it was still around 87 outside. I looked at him and said " we're going to die in FL next week." He just nodded in agreement. My mom said it was supposed to be around 100 down there today....gotta love central FL. LOL 

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Actually it hasn't been too bad here lately heat wise (at least I don't think so). The only thing that stinks right now is the rain. I went running yesterday morning around 6:30 and it was perfect!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting musicpisces:

I didn't realize you are in FL! Where are you located? My mom and IL's live in The Villages about 20 minutes south of Ocala. Mom said they haven't really gotten a ton of rain, but it's been really hot and humid the past few days. We are headed down there next Friday for 2 weeks, and then back for 2 weeks at the end of June..then back for another 2 weeks in mid July. We LOVE The Villages. Heath and I are counting the years until we are old enough to move there...13 more years until Karli is 18 and we can live there. Whoo hoo! 

Claire

fairyjester
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:01 AM
It was actually surprisingly a little cool this morning here but its supposed to get hot and more thunder storms later
rockinmomto2
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM

It's either raining or humid and hot here (VA). It sucks. We either have to have the heat on or the A/C on. There's almost never a day when we can keep the windows open.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I'm in Orlando and about 5 minutes from Winter Park. It's 7:15 right now and it's beautiful out right now! It was a little ugly yesterday Starting in the afternoon, but the day before it was thunderstorms, not so pretty lol.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting musicpisces:

I didn't realize you are in FL! Where are you located? My mom and IL's live in The Villages about 20 minutes south of Ocala. Mom said they haven't really gotten a ton of rain, but it's been really hot and humid the past few days. We are headed down there next Friday for 2 weeks, and then back for 2 weeks at the end of June..then back for another 2 weeks in mid July. We LOVE The Villages. Heath and I are counting the years until we are old enough to move there...13 more years until Karli is 18 and we can live there. Whoo hoo! 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 22, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Are you driving all those times? I couldn't do it! We drive 2x's a year to visit my mom in Duluth and it's exhausting!! We love it here in Florida. We wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)