Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Pissed off completely!! (vent)

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 19 Replies

So the post about me joining the gym? I like it so far. Went on Saturday and it seemed pretty cool and was able to work out. Surfing the Internet yesterday I found a completely unreal deal with Planet Fitness well at least they have always been cheap but I didn't think of them when I thought about signing up with a gym. The place I go to now is a medical mall and the main reason I wanted to sign up was because I wanted to be able to workout but also to get my son swimming lessons (they have a huge lap pool)

I'm locked into my yearly contract as of the 18th so whether I go or not the $45 is going to be drafted out of my account whereas with Planet Fitness I can choose a membership where there is no startup fee and its $20 a month plus its free to bring a guest at anytime whereas at the other place, its $10 to go 3 times.

I know I can't back out of my contract and even if I stop going I'll still be paying but man I wished I had found Planet Fitness sooner :(

Also my eating healthy plan was completely blown this past weekend when my cousin came over and cooked fried fish, fried chicken, a large fruit salad, corn and potato salad. Got to get back on track

Vent over

by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yuck, gym contracts!  This is the first one I've had in YEARS.... we have a month-to-month no-contract gym here that I was a member of for a long time, but I recently bought a year membership at the rec center close by for the child care.  And I only got it because I could pay it in full up front and I knew without a doubt I'd use it. 

Well, hopefully the gym you're committed to will be everything you need.  It sucks that you found a better deal too late. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Tell me about it :( I'm thinking about just using the medical mall place to get my son swimming lessons and then using Planet Fitness to workout. Its $20 a month and then the membership fee is $30 a year and that doesn't kick in until after October the 1st plus you get  personal training in groups no bigger than 5 at no additional cost.

At the medical mall any additional classes range from $65 and up and 12 sessions with a personal trainer is $408.00! Its crazy

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Yuck, gym contracts!  This is the first one I've had in YEARS.... we have a month-to-month no-contract gym here that I was a member of for a long time, but I recently bought a year membership at the rec center close by for the child care.  And I only got it because I could pay it in full up front and I knew without a doubt I'd use it. 

Well, hopefully the gym you're committed to will be everything you need.  It sucks that you found a better deal too late. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

BUMP!

aprilsalcro
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Sorry mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM
That sucks! :/
My sister goes to planet fitness in Alaska. Shes moving back down to the lower 48 though and found out wheres shes moving doesn't have one, she's pretty bummed.
wahmx3
by Shelley on May. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM

That's not good but lesson learned and good info for the rest of us to keep in mind.  Hopefully you will make good use of it anyway.

Sometimes having family around isn't a good thing! Hopefully you enjoyed her company and didn't eat too much fried stuff.

Frogy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Ihear ya on the gym thing...I've done the same thing and it bites!!  I blew some food this weekend with my cousin also visiting me...UGH!  I feel your pain in more ways then 1!  get back on track and move forward that is what I'm doing. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Lesson learned definitely! I should have further looked around before making a quick decision. I think I may end using both gyms. One for my son to get his swimming lessons and then the other for me to work out. Either way if I don't use the gym the $45 is coming out of my account so its use it or lose it basically.

Thanks! Yea I'm trying to get back on the wagon slowly so hopefully I hit the gym today and work off some calories. :)

Quoting wahmx3:

That's not good but lesson learned and good info for the rest of us to keep in mind.  Hopefully you will make good use of it anyway.

Sometimes having family around isn't a good thing! Hopefully you enjoyed her company and didn't eat too much fried stuff.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Definitely bites lol but lesson learned I guess. Where are you at on your journey?

Quoting Frogy:

Ihear ya on the gym thing...I've done the same thing and it bites!!  I blew some food this weekend with my cousin also visiting me...UGH!  I feel your pain in more ways then 1!  get back on track and move forward that is what I'm doing. 

Frogy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Quoting SexyDiva19:

Currently im training for a 50k (31.7 miles). It is in August so I have plenty of time. After that Im doing tough mudder in September in Tahoe.

shooting photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)