Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nutritionist.

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 41 Replies

So I went to the doctor again about my thyroid (pretty sure I have a goiter on the other side and have had half removed already)  and she sent me to a nutritionist.  Cool I don't mind and hope they have good information.  Well this nutritionist said you should be on a 1200 calorie diet.  I just blank staired at her then told her that i work out 6 days a week for 1.5-2 hours each time and there is no way that 1200 is enough calories for my body to deal with.  Then she said I HAVE to get to servings of milk a day, now that's ok and all but milk makes my stomach hurt.   Then she is limiting my Veggies and fruits, the fruits I understand the veggies not so much.  She also wants me to up my starches/grains.  I have been slowly lowering my grains because I have been having issues with gluten. Add to that I told her all of that and my diet and how much I work out.  Other than her upping my starches and eliminating PB she didn't have anything else for me to do except eating only three meals a day and if I needed it 1 snack.

I am now seriously wondering what the heck I got myself into.  I'm thinking that I should stop seeing the doctor and nutritionist.  Now I will try what she wants but I really feel that my stomach is going to hate me.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Oh and she also told me heavy lifting was to dangerous to my health and cardio was all I needed.

rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM

O.o Is she certified? Did she go to school? Goodness...

Silvertears1275
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I think that's what nutritionists are taught.  I have a friend who's going through a very intense weight loss program through a large medical university, and I honestly disagree with half of what he's taught.... eating low-fat everything, way too many grains.  I could rant about it for a while, but I'll just leave it at I think you are right to not feel good about her advice.

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I think you need to find a different one.

childofGod995
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

that is the reason i stopped seeing a nutritionist. go to http://www.myplate.gov/ and you should find out healthy tips.

keeblergirl820
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Does she have you on this for a week to jump start everything? If it not then I would ask for a different nutritionist!

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
No she has me on it for six weeks right now. I'm also annoyed about how limited the fats are.

Quoting keeblergirl820:

Does she have you on this for a week to jump start everything? If it not then I would ask for a different nutritionist!

itsm3
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

uh, i would not go back to her.  she doesn't know what she's talking about. 

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I would but it's military doctors and military nutrition.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

I think you need to find a different one.

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I assume she's certified because she works at the hospital.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

O.o Is she certified? Did she go to school? Goodness...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)