Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 24: Cardio Boxing

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 69 Replies

Welcome to day 24 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

One of the recurring themes throughout this bootcamp has been 'You Have to Move It To Lose It' as talked about in Day 2.
We have consistently stressed the importance of getting a good cardio workout in daily.

Today, we are once again going to focus on cardio while getting a full body workout.

Cardio Boxing is one of the most high impact and effective forms of cardio. It not only gets your heart rate up and burns fat, it also provides an excellent all over body workout with an emphasis on toning your arms and shoulders.

The video below is 10 minutes of intensity, but can be modified at a slower pace for beginners.

As we get closer to the end of the bootcamp and the unofficial start of summer, we are going to increase the intensity of our workouts.

Have you ever done any type of boxing/martial arts cardio?

Are you making sure to do cardio on a daily basis in addition to your regular workouts? How often?

Your challenge is to complete this workout out preferably today or at least sometime in the next few days. Before this bootcamp is over, I want you to have incorporated this cardio routine into your regular workout at least 3 times.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 24 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM

They have started teaching this at my gym. I went to the sample class and it kicked my butt! IDK if I am ready for a full class. I just now worked my way up to spin.

Damienswife
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I use shawn t hip hop abs and there is a 45 mi n total body (kick ass) workout and I do it maybe twice a week
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I havent done anything like that recently. I may try it today :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I haven't done this type of cardio. Looks fun.
batjmom
by Sarah on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I tried and it was tough. I like my elliptical but do need to have another cardio encorporated into my workout
Paigesmommy78
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I wish I had the money to go back in to kickboxing I have a DVD I do a munch as I can now and I do try to get some kinda of cardio in everyday
Nicki1995
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
No. And i haven't walked in a while, so iv got to get back to it
momma-flynn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
When I was in high school I took cardio kickboxing at the gym & loved it. I recently took an intro class for Krav Maga & I want to take more classes. It was a ton of fun.
Beauty91805
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Ooh, that looks interesting!

I do Zumba about 2-3 times a week and walk a lot!
MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I will give this a try today :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)