Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 22: Strengthening Your Abs

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 79 Replies

Welcome to day 22 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Strengthening your abs is about more than just looking good!

When you think of abs, you automatically think of a toned and sexier figure. Your abs have a much more important function than just looking good.

Having strong abs benefits you in the following ways:

• Helps to improve your posture
  • Strengthens muscles
  • Reduces the chances of back injuries
  • Stimulates your intestines to regulate your digestive system
  • Ease menstrual cramping

Your abs need to be worked out out like any other muscle. Abdominal strengthening should be integrated into your regular strength training routine at least 3 times a week.

The following abdominal circuit workout can be done by beginners, moderates or those with a more advanced level of fitness.

Abdominal strengthening can be challenging but pushing your self during this workout will eventually benefit your health and figure.

How often do you work your abdominals?

Do you have a 'go to' ab routine or favorite ab targeting exercise?

With a little more than a week left of the bootcamp you should be stepping up your workouts and pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone.

I challenge you to complete 3 rounds of the ab circuit routine in addition to your regular workouts, at least 3 times in this next week.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 22 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beauty91805
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I haven't been working on my abs :-(

It's like I start and then stop. I've lost all this weight and instead of feeling happy I feel a bit sad because my body isn't as toned as I would like. I need to push past just doing cardio and start working on my core, and bottom.
momma-flynn
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I hate doing an workouts. I get them in but I hate it lol
Millertime77
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I do a two sets of twenty sit ups.  They are really helping with the remaining baby bulge!

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM
My abs arent usually my target bc most ab exercises irritate my back injury, in currently doing a 30day core challenge so im hoping to tone them a bit but my back isalready not happy :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on May. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I work out my and 6 days a week with 30ds. I will be adding in an extra routine a few times a week since that's my main problem area...:-/
MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I just started ab toning last week, 5 sets of 10 every other day, cant wait to see some results
Nicki1995
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I do 150 crunches with my legs straight in the air. Then i do 150of the crunches moving your body side to side and moving your legs like your riding a bicycle. I also do 50 slow "humps" to strength my abs. And 10 leg ups and 10 supermans. I don't know if those are the actual names, but i do those every other day.
AspensMama1537
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I really should be working my abs. I will have to try these.
sonnyswoman75
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I need to try more ab routines
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamminmomma
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I haven't been working my abs but i really should be.. I wish my body was in better shape and will be doing better...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)