Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Sooo good weight loss vs unhealthy weight loss

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 18 Replies

I am trying to loss some weight and nothing seems to be working!! Can someone give some good pointers? Or what have you done that actually works

-I try to drink half my weight in water like we are "supposto"

-I go to the gym when I can (I cant get as much as I want because im a single mommy)

-I don't drink soda anymore

-I try to keep my cals under 1200 a day but sometimes go to 1500

-im thinking about a diet pill and a home workout vid to do when my little girl goes down

Thanks ladies <3

by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Well 1200 calories is more than likely too low. You should let one of the ladies on here like Claire do your BMR so you can see what you're supposed to be eating. If you feel comfortable, post your height, weight, age, and whether or not you're breast feeding.  I'd personally never recommend a diet pill as a lot of them are very unhealthy. Could you maybe put your daughter in a stroller and go for walks with her?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM
You're not eating enough. 1200 is bare minimum for anyone!! And I don't know anyone who's BMR is actually that low. Eating too little can be as hurtful as eating too much.
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Home workout DVD is a great idea!  It's likely that you need more calories than that. Almost everyone needs well over 1200 calories. I ate around 1700-2000 during my weight loss.  What's your age, weight, height? 

bclassybutsassy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My doctor said I have to eat 1200 a day. What would be a good average calorie intake for anyone? 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

You're not eating enough. 1200 is bare minimum for anyone!! And I don't know anyone who's BMR is actually that low. Eating too little can be as hurtful as eating too much.

bclassybutsassy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Im not really comfortable posting all of that and I know that will hinder any advice ill get but I was just wondering what people have done that's helped.

Do you have any good at home workout dvd suggestions? My boyfriend does insanity and I would DIE if I had to do that  

Quoting Stefanie83:

Home workout DVD is a great idea!  It's likely that you need more calories than that. Almost everyone needs well over 1200 calories. I ate around 1700-2000 during my weight loss.  What's your age, weight, height? 

bclassybutsassy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I  could take he ron walks but she ALWAYS wants to come out!! ive tried it and failed... thats why i try to get the gym when i can. 

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Well 1200 calories is more than likely too low. You should let one of the ladies on here like Claire do your BMR so you can see what you're supposed to be eating. If you feel comfortable, post your height, weight, age, and whether or not you're breast feeding.  I'd personally never recommend a diet pill as a lot of them are very unhealthy. Could you maybe put your daughter in a stroller and go for walks with her?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM
If you're not comfortable posting your info then you need to figure out your BMR on your own. You can google BMR calculator and then enter your info and it will give you your BMR which is the bare minimum calories you need to consume each day.

Quoting bclassybutsassy:

My doctor said I have to eat 1200 a day. What would be a good average calorie intake for anyone? 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

bclassybutsassy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

awesome thank you.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

If you're not comfortable posting your info then you need to figure out your BMR on your own. You can google BMR calculator and then enter your info and it will give you your BMR which is the bare minimum calories you need to consume each day.

Quoting bclassybutsassy:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

HippieMomma86
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I would up your calories definitely. And I would definitely recommend workout dvds. That is how I lost 50lbs. I didn't step foot in a gym. I have 3 Jillian Michaels dvds and a set of hand weights. And beware of diet pills!! My friend tried that and once she stopped, she gained so much weight and ended up with thyroid problems. Not sure if the pill caused it, but it definitely didn't help.

highlandmum
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I would also up your calories.  Stay away from diet pills, instead look for a good multi vitamins high in vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and C.  I have heard that this can help speed up your metabolism.

Also I would look into eating smaller meals - I have just started but the plan I am on has me eating 5 small meals ranging from 300 to 400 calories each one.  Watch your intake of salt, and trans fats.   I just got my workout DVD and I will be starting it on Monday.  I am going to graduate from The Insanity DVD. 

How much weight are you trying to lose? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN