Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Question for the runners here ;)

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 27 Replies
So I'm 2&1/2 wks away from completing my turbo fire program (I thought last wk was the last one :/ ). I've decided to start the c25k challenge right after. Do any of u ladies know of any good support bras and where to get them? I'm a 36DD and would like/ NEED lost of support and anti-bouncing bras. I'm really self concious about my breast size to the point that I've kept myself from running out of bouncing embarrastment, lol!
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
The best bras out there are moving comfort bras! I use the Juno ones personally. They're pricey and the only place I've found them so far are specialty running stores but you can order them online also. They're amazing though and so worth the money!
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Thanx! Juno bras *runns to check out website*
Silvertears1275
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a DD also.  I wear two sports bras (just some random ones I've had forever) and it works well for me right now until I can save up to get something better.  I know how you feel... I've always been really self-conscious of mine too. 

mystictigeress
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm a DDD so I've never been able to find one to fit lol I used to let the 'bounce factor' keep me from running. Now I have arthritis in my back and not sure that I could. I had to have surgery last year on the very bottom disc. It has slipped out of place and was pressing on my sciatic nerve. Not fun I tell ya!! Once I get my back strengthened up tho, I'm hoping to at least get in a jog from time to time. If so, I'll check out the Juno bras for sure!

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM

what did you use for turbofire?  there is a lot of jumping around in there!  LOVE turbofire :)  but i would say just double up on bras..but I dont know how comfortable that would be..cuz I have no boobs at all lol

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Geezzz, sorry about the arthritis in ur back; I hope u get back ur strength soon :). I've checking out the junos per mamajessx's advice and they r all good reviews. I think I'm def buying them; just looking for the best deal. I think I'll go with amazon.com :)

Quoting mystictigeress:

I'm a DDD so I've never been able to find one to fit lol I used to let the 'bounce factor' keep me from running. Now I have arthritis in my back and not sure that I could. I had to have surgery last year on the very bottom disc. It has slipped out of place and was pressing on my sciatic nerve. Not fun I tell ya!! Once I get my back strengthened up tho, I'm hoping to at least get in a jog from time to time. If so, I'll check out the Juno bras for sure!

Frogy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a 32DD it is hard to find smaller sizes with big cup size. Moving comfort is what I've found best.  I get mine at REI.  And yes they are expensive.  Try your local running store too!

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I love turbo fire, too! I wear my regular bra, a sports bra from duskin, AND a tight tank, lol! I feel like I'm suffocating, lol. The juno bras r kind of pricey but according to the reviews, totally worth it. Plus, I hardly ever indulge in anything; this is something I wouldn't mind indulging on :)

Quoting sunshine86912:

what did you use for turbofire?  there is a lot of jumping around in there!  LOVE turbofire :)  but i would say just double up on bras..but I dont know how comfortable that would be..cuz I have no boobs at all lol

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The moving comfort I've heard good things about. I wear the danskin now bras from walmart. I think mine was $12 each, for some reason they work for me

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Lol at "no boobs at all"; girl u can have some of mine; I wouldn't mind sharing lol!

Quoting sunshine86912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)