Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What fun family activities do you do?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

The weather has gotten so nice out that I am finding myself doing a lot more outdoor things like jogging, hiking and I even dusted off the old bike in my garage.The kids see this as something fun to do, instead of working out and want to do it with me. 

Do you workout with your family or do other physical activities together now that the weather has gotten nicer? 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa...
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
We workout together. We ride bikes, swim, play tennis, and hike. We also go skating a lot. We love being outside!
Silvertears1275
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

We like to go on hikes.  Well, my husband and I do... the kids have no choice =)  I plan on making sure we are pretty active this summer. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We go on walks together or go to the park and kick he soccer ball around

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Walk, run, park, sprinkler-running, bike rides
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

We run together, bike together, hike, play with kites, head to the beach or the river, even do strength training outside!  I took my son to the park last week, and we did pull ups on the pull up bar together before we headed to the slides and such.  We also play chase and red light green light and things like that.  We do play soccer and baseball some, but we don't do a lot of ball sports in our house.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

we went on a family walk last night. I'm hoping once it's nicer (it's been rainy all week) Matt and Tristan can ride bikes together. 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

We have a walking tail along an old set of railroad tracks in our town - it is just shy of 3 miles total.  My family and I try to walk it at least a couple nights a week. 

I also allow my DD (7) to go jogging with me a couple times a week - on my "lighter" days.  We are doing a race on Monday - the Memorial Day Mile.  My first race I have ever entered, as well as hers.  I definitely do not expect to win (or even place) for the adults as I will be keeping time with her.  But, it should still be fun!  My mom and DS (2) will be waiting at the finish line for us.

mama0106
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Yes bike rides
Frisbee
Walks
Hikes
Just dance(wii)
Board games
Nerf gun fights around r house
..Sarah..
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Geocaching is our all time fave. Also, board games, puzzles, nature walks...
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My daughter is only 17 months, so we have been biking to work (she rides in the bike trailer), and almost every evening we walk around our neighborhood, then DD plays on the slides and the swings.  

Now that I'm starting the couch25k program, DD rides along in the stroller.  She puts on her shades and grins and smiles the whole time!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)