Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Losing motivation

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
I've been losing my motivation and losing it quickly! I'm so tired of eating the same foods over and over and over again....like it's almost driving me crazy! My trainer is going through a funk, I think and my workouts have been lax and by the time my cardio comes I'm like, "eh...i'll do 15 minutes and go home".

This isn't good! I HAVE to keep going or it's my entire career down the shitter but I just want to pig.the.fuck.out a few days and go back to my routine!

Ugh!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Have you tried some new recipes?
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I have :( I have sensory issues with food and on a pretty hardcore "diet". It's just eating right but with a few more strict values.

Quoting mem82:

Have you tried some new recipes?
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

What's your career? Just curious :)  I don't know if you mean you have a career in fitness, or modeling, or competition or what lol  :)

I definitely have times when I have less motivation, but I just stick to my calories :D  Or if you're on a calorie deficit, going on maintenance cals for a bit (a week or 4 lol) can definitely be a good thing!!!  As long as you have a plan to get back to whatever you need to do to reach your goals

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Fire fighting/ paramedic

I don't count calories, I've gotten it so tight that I can tell by portion sizes. It's sickening lmao but I just want to eat every sweet, chocolate anything like that and shove it into my mouth. It's bad!!

Quoting Stefanie83:

What's your career? Just curious :)  I don't know if you mean you have a career in fitness, or modeling, or competition or what lol  :)

I definitely have times when I have less motivation, but I just stick to my calories :D  Or if you're on a calorie deficit, going on maintenance cals for a bit (a week or 4 lol) can definitely be a good thing!!!  As long as you have a plan to get back to whatever you need to do to reach your goals

ChgIsGood2012
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I pigged out for a few days but I needed that. I've been back on it now but I felt like u did and I didn't apologize for it.
mandaboo99
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

get some trail mix and almonds theyre not chocolate but they taste just as good and theyre better for you, Im a chocoholic so I drink a Shake every morning that the healthiest meal I get all day Its full of nutrients, Its Natural no artificial crap, It tastes amazing It curbs cravings and helps with digestion PLUS It comes in chocolate :)

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I want to soooo bad but I'm so scared to gain the 8lbs I lost back because it took me 5 months just to lose that little bit :(

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

I pigged out for a few days but I needed that. I've been back on it now but I felt like u did and I didn't apologize for it.
mamaof3forlife
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Been there...boy have I been there, lol! Maybe not pig out, but, maybe a little bit of something u r craving? I totally get it, u dnt want to throw ur hard work down the drain, but a small piece of chocolate (since u mentioned u wanted chocolate) here and there, really won't kill u. Deprivation (sp?) Absolutely does not work for me. If I cut out the foods that I really like (junk) completely, I just end up overeating them. Yes, that may b the reason my weightloss is taking longer than I would like, but I know I'm still making progress
:)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Time for some new foods and workouts.  Have you thought about trying some new foods?  New recipes?  It can definitely get boring to eat the same things over and over!!  I actually just tried making chicken with peaches just for something new- even DH liked it!

What about new workouts?  What are you doing now?  Sometimes a change of scenery helps me.  When I get tired of the same runs, I try a new place, or new trails.  Or even call up a friend for a good hike or something.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, because of my training I'm on a super high protein diet and low carb and lean fats so not much variety with my sensory issues :/ I try and cook something we all will enjoy but lol, that's a joke sometimes so I get requests for the same thing all the time and I reallllly hate cooking 2 seperate meals.

I go to the gym with my trainer, we never have the same workout. I think I'm just at that "burnt out" phase.

I have declared the next two days as, "Tonya days" where I can eat what I want (but I still gotta go to the gym :-/ ) and deal with it Monday. Now that I CAN have it, I don't want it, lol.

All I want is healthy stuff, though. LOL Special K cereal, oatmeal, apples; instead of berries and melon (lol), a whole wheat BBQ chicken sub from subway!!!

LOL....I AM about to go to town on some pizza though!

Quoting musicpisces:

Time for some new foods and workouts.  Have you thought about trying some new foods?  New recipes?  It can definitely get boring to eat the same things over and over!!  I actually just tried making chicken with peaches just for something new- even DH liked it!

What about new workouts?  What are you doing now?  Sometimes a change of scenery helps me.  When I get tired of the same runs, I try a new place, or new trails.  Or even call up a friend for a good hike or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN