Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

couch to 5k

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so any tips?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of the ladies in the group have done it or are currently following the program. It is a very good beginner program due to the fact that you can repeat weeks if necessary. I would recommend that you go ahead and register for a 5k for the end of the program so you can stay motivated to finish the program and have an end goal. 

Personally, it bored me, so I only did day 1... I decided I would just run instead of doing the program. Dh followed the program and loved it. Now, 4 years later, we are both half marathoners and our oldest dd runs 5ks with me! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this program!!  go with the schedule; it's great :)

Silvertears1275
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I did the first 6 weeks of it, then went off on my own.  It's a really good program and I didn't have a problem with it really - I just let myself get intimidated by some of the bigger jumps in distance/time towards the end and took a more gradual approach to it.  My sister has been following it all the way through, though and we're both running our first 5k on Sunday!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I think it's a great program!  When I started running, it was actually too intense for me for where I was, so I kinda did my own thing.  Now I have a few half marathons under my belt and I'm training for my first marathon!  You can do it!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)