Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

WWYD

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
Tuesday I started antibiotics for strep. Also had a sinus infection. Both seem better...now I just seem to have a cold and cough. Cough is moderate with lots of phlegm...it doesn't feel like its coming from my chest really but with the phlegm I'm assuming there's gotta be a bit of chest crud. Should I try a slow short run today? I'm feeling ok other than stuffiness and cough. Also irritated throat from the coughing. I'm dying here without my workouts!!!
But I'm so scared of pneumonia again :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JaidensMom2007
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I would just go for a walk, not really a run or anything. Don't try to exert yourself to much.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I wouldn't try a run yet. Maybe a walk.
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

If you're feeling up for it, then go. You know your body best. 

I know when I'm sick, there are days I want to work out but my body just isn't up for it and I skip it. You know your body better than anyone else!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I agree about walking.  For strep, I'd wait.  It's definitely NOT worth the risk of pneumonia.  I know it sucks so much to not be able to run.  When I got influenza last year, I ran probably before I should have.  But even my doc was saying that I was getting over it as well as I was because I'm a runner.  I would say to wait as long as you can, and maybe do a mile or something really short and easy as you start to feel better.  Coughing while running sucks.  But as you start to get better, you may find yourself with some sinus clearing for a couple of hours after you run, which can be nice.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Ok, I guess time will tell whether this was smart or super stupid, but I did run. Started out really slow and took a lot of water breaks. Ended up doing 4 miles. I did cough every time I drank water, but only for a few seconds. I had a pretty yucky coughing fit afterwards though. Better now. You're right Suz...my sinuses are very clear right now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

The new trail running shoes I won :)
I got to try them out today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ooh, pretty!  LOL  I have been curious to run in Solomons.  New shoes to break in would be that much more torture while sick!

Quoting Lesgerm:

The new trail running shoes I won :)
I got to try them out today!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)