Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I know it was wrong but I did it anyways......

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this
So the post I made about signing the contract for the medical mall? A poster suggested I call my bank and see what I could do. I called the bank and told them about the situation. They said I could cancel my debit card and order a new one so thats what I did. I also signed up for Planet Fitness today. I do plan on paying the medical mall just not at thier rate of pay. $20.05 is a whole lot cheaper then $45 a month. The pros definitely out weigh the cons on this one. With the unlimited guest offer my brother and I both plan on going and since they are open 24/7 Monday-Friday, we can go at anytime :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wahmx3
by Shelley on May. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

While I agree it was wrong, the company wasn't willing to work with you and offer something else to help make the extra money worth it. Funny that the bank suggested a work around for breaking a contract....

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM

That doesn't break the contract---the contract is still valid.  It's just the form of payment that isn't valid any longer.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Well the contract is still valid but it wil put me in collections with the medical mall. Its better to be in collections then to have a negative bank account balance though right? I do plan on paying them though so it all works out in the end.

Quoting CLEKate:

That doesn't break the contract---the contract is still valid.  It's just the form of payment that isn't valid any longer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that is very wrong. You signed up before shopping around, it was your fault not the gyms. It sucks they would not work with you , but it's their contract and rules.Sorry mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I think I missed the first post about this. but at least you're saying you will pay them.... 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Yes it is wrong but they will still be getting paid but not at the time of month they expect to be paid. Seeing as that I get paid every 2 weeks from my job there is no way of knowing whether I get paid before or after the 1st of every month so therefore if they hit my account beforehand and I don't have the money, it will put my account into the negative.

I'm not saying I WON'T pay them because I will just not at their rate of pay

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I think that is very wrong. You signed up before shopping around, it was your fault not the gyms. It sucks they would not work with you , but it's their contract and rules.Sorry mama.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

You do realize that some companies have the ability to get your cc info after the bank has changed it? I work for a company that handles the billing for a large corporation, banks give out the updated info when they know it's a reoccuring charge. 

You should have just cancelled the contract. I wouldn't want a stupid gym membership on my credit. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Yes it is wrong but they will still be getting paid but not at the time of month they expect to be paid. Seeing as that I get paid every 2 weeks from my job there is no way of knowing whether I get paid before or after the 1st of every month so therefore if they hit my account beforehand and I don't have the money, it will put my account into the negative.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

aprilsalcro
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I stick to what I said. You knew about it. You should have thought about this before signing up. I know some gyms prices are so high because people don't stick to committment they signed up for.Again that's just my opinion.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Can't cancel the contract. After the 3 day period you are locked in for a year  with no excuses for cancellation. There is even a clause about being medically or physically unable to attend the gym. You are only given 3 months and then you are being charged again.

I don't want it on my credit it either but I can't afford to have my account thrown into the negative just because the company won't work with me on the date of withdrawal.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

You do realize that some companies have the ability to get your cc info after the bank has changed it? I work for a company that handles the billing for a large corporation, banks give out the updated info when they know it's a reoccuring charge. 

You should have just cancelled the contract. I wouldn't want a stupid gym membership on my credit. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I understand that and I respect your opinion. This is a medical mall so maybe the rules are different than for regular gyms. Signing up at Planet Fitness you are locked in for a year. If you choose to leave before the year is up, you have a buy out option of $58 and then you go on your way.

Their gym, their rules but some of the "rules" are crazy

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I stick to what I said. You knew about it. You should have thought about this before signing up. I know some gyms prices are so high because people don't stick to committment they signed up for.Again that's just my opinion.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN