Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 25: Water Workouts

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 66 Replies

Welcome to day 25 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Now that the weather is warm, you can begin working out in the water!

Working out and cardio can get monotonous. A good way to shake up your workout routine is by working out in water.

There are many differnt types of water exercises and workouts you can do to burn those calories. Whether you swim in the ocean, lake or swimming pool you can get a good workout.

Here are some water workouts that will blast calories:

• Distance Swimming: Swimming laps is the most common water exercise. Most gyms, recreation or community centers have pools with designated lanes for laps. Depending on fitness level, start slow and stay closer to the shallow area or wall in case of fatigue or cramping.
  • Sprint Swimming: Swimming short laps (usually across the pool rather than the length of it) at a fast pace is a great way to burn calories.
  • Water Plyometrics: Water helps reduce the amount of impact on knees/joint and provides resistance. Try doing jumping jacks, leg kicks, single leg hops, squat jumps, leaping lunges and tuck jumps.
  • Aqua Bootcamp or Aerobics: Check your local rec/community centers or gyms for classes.

The following is a short Water Plyometrics routine:

Do you enjoy swimming or being in the water?

Have you ever done or are you willing to try water workouts?

How often do you get into the pool/water for fun or fitness?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 25 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I love swimming & water workouts. When I was in college I was a water aerobic instructor. I try to get water workouts in pretty often & prefer them for cardio instead of running.
HisAngel91
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I love swimming. And when the pool gets fixed i will be in it. And I do water work outs when i can
steph21078
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I am currently taking water PT, so I am in the water doing exercises 3 times a week.  Love it

swdesigns
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I love swimming, but it's been a while so my endurance is probably nill.  The local high school pool has lap swimming available, and I've been thinking about going during the Summer. 

Paigesmommy78
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Not really warm enough for swimming yet but sure have been doing lots outside activist bike ridding and hiking
MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I have done them and liked them so now that its warm here i will be doing them more
Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

No, I'm afraid of the water.

sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I love being in the water. I don't get to do water workouts as often as I would like to. My gym doesn't have a pool and the beach is usually to crowded. I'll try when I'm on vacation to do some water workouts. I'll have access to a pool for a week. :)
Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

A friend has been trying to get me to go try it.

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I take the kids in the summer but I don't get in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)