Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jennifer's Journal

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 3 Replies

So... I've been here before under my old s/n. I had a hard last year and am ready to get back on the horse, so to speak.

Height: 5'3
Current weight: 195  182(8-20-13)  177(9-30-2013)

Stepping stone goals(must be at goal for extended period of time to be marked achieved):

Under 190: ACHIEVED!!!!
Under 180 ACHIEVED!!!
Under 170
Under 160
Under 150
Under 140
Under 130

Long term goal weight: 120-125(Will depend on how my body looks at that point and if I need to lose 5 more pounds)

Biggest fitness goal: To become a runner. I used to run 5ks with my mom and I really miss it.

Current routine: Work. Lol. For a while I was doing at home stuff, then joined a gym. Now that DH and I are both working and we only have one car, I haven't been able to make it to the gym. :( BUT, I've lost 5lbs since starting work. :) 

Day one of journal- 5/28/2013

Did day one of C25k. Felt so amazing afterwards. Even jogged some extra after. I also walk to the park with the trails rather than drive. Totals out at about 4 miles. Went to the store and bought some chicken tenders. Wrapped them individually and froze them. They will be for my dinners or lunches. My lunches will be filling salads with some sort of meat, whether it be chicken or turkey or tuna, probably hard boiled eggs as well. Still figuring out breakfasts but did buy oatmeal which I will put fresh strawberries or bananas with eggs on the side. Focusing mostly on lean meats/protein, low carb, low cal. Also keeping an eye on the sodium.

I had gotten down to 180. After surgery last November I was at 170. Partially because I didn't really eat for the first two weeks after surgery. Just had no appetitie. And now I'm almost at 200 again. I can not ever see the 200s on the scale again. Ever. I just can't.... I would be so disappointed with myself. I'm already disappointed that I've gained 10 lbs in the last 2 1/2 months. As harsh as it sounds, I'm disgusted with myself, my excuses, etc. And I'm done with it. No more excuses. 

Guess that's it for today. 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Caylaris1813
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM

5/31/2013

Posting about yesterday. So... Yesterday I did day two of C25k. Didn't go as smoothly as Day one. I did it, but the entire time my legs just felt soooo fatigued. It was difficult to push through. Today my knees, ankles and shins hurt. :/ I think I need new shoes but definitely don't have the money for that. My shoes are like a year old and have been used as leisure shoes. I know, you're not supposed to use your running shoes for leisurely activities. I just didn't want them to sit around last year not being used at all since I wasn't medically allowed to work out. 

Anyways, then about a month ago my dog chewed off a part of the sle on one shoe. 

Also during my C25k yesterday something just felt off. I felt really unbalanced and just out of sync. Idk. I've been stressed about stuff lately and I think it was just throwing me off. And Everytime somebody walked by and laughed or looked at me, I was constantly thinking they're judging me. I get red as a pepper during work outs so, obviously they probably thought I looked ridiculous. I'm thinking of buying a shirt that says something like "At least I'm trying".. Idk. Just was an off day for me. 

I am a little concerned with somethings that happen when I do my workouts that I *think* are normal for me but, I'm really not sure... 

My face gets kinda tingly/numb(mostly on the side that was affected by my surgery), my hands get pale and red in a splotchy pattern and get kind of numb. Which might be caused by me wearing a small back pack type of thing to carry my water and phone and house keys since I walk to the trails rather than drive. It's not a very heavy bag, though. 

I don't think I'm pushing myself too hard. I'm notorious for not pushing myself hard enough. So, I don't think that's an issue.... 

I had to take a couple of days off from my at home exercises. That, I was pushing too hard on that and my muscles got super fatigued. My DH said sore=good, fatigued=bad. So, letting my muscles recover from all that. I think I need to drop my reps down a bit until it gets a tad easier then up them. Proof that you should not follow fitness challenges on FB. Unless you're already in good shape. 

Oh yeah, here's some pics from yesterday.

First one is a really bad pic. Lol. Fresh after I finished. Then one of a double rainbow after my workout and then  one when I got home. 

Caylaris1813
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I missed my c25k today. :( My legs were hurting and I was distracted. So, I have to do it tomorrow. Which is ok. I think the park was flooded today anyways. I know the zoo was. 

I'm pretty sure I have shin splints but it's feeling a little better today. My plan for tomorrow is to get up in the morning, have breakfast then take a warm bath to help with my legs then go for my C25k. It's supposed to be super nice tomorrow afternoon so, I'm looking forward to it. :) I want to have lunch at the park so, going to try to convince DH to take DD to the playground part while I do C25k then meet up and have lunch and then walk home.

We'll see.. he's been getting upset every time I ask him to go. Says I'm making him feel guilty even though I'm not saying anything to make him feel guilty. I think he's just frustrated that he can't go to the gym right now and walking bores him.

But, I'm definitely going. :) So, looks like my schedule will be tues, thurs, saturday next week as well. Then I'll switch to mon, wed, fri.

Doing really good on calories. Had a couple hundred left over today.

Guess that's about it for today.

Caylaris1813
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM

7-20-12

Ok. Woooow, I have not updated this in a while. 

So, here's what's been up with me. I am not doing C25K currently. My knee was hurt/swollen for about a week after that last run(I re-hurt it after a few days chasing DD down). So, DH and I finally got memberships for a gym. I've lost 11lbs so far!!! The first 8lbs I lost on our 3 week carb shred. 

I started out doing primarily lifting with one day of cardio. Now I am doing cardio everyday and some lifting almost everyday. It's a 3 day rotation. Today I did back of thighs, outer thighs/butt, mid back, shoulders and 40 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow I will do leg press or squats, inner thighs, lower back, chest and cardio. The day after tomorrow I will do only cardio. It's rough but I'm loving this rotation. As you can see, I'm working only the large muscle groups. I will work my arms more if I feel they need more toning/bulk when I lose more weight. 

We also have BIL and MIL going to the gym with us now. Yay!! Getting more people into being fit and healthy. More peple to help keep us accountable. So, I have to skip some of the harder lifting until she is able to do them(ex: leg press instead of squats). She's had back surgery and really has not been super mobile since. I feel kind of bad. I had my head surgery in November and bounced back super quick and she had back surgery in December and has had nothing but issues. But, I'm so happy to see that she is trying instead of making fun of us for eating healthy and going to the gym. Yes, there are people we know that make fun of us for that. I do my best to ignore them. I'm making progress, they're not. They have no right to complain about their body. 

And I guess thats it for today.

Oh, I've been under 190 for a while, I just wanted to make sure before I updated it. With holidays and fairs and stuff going on this past month, I wasn't sure how I'd do wtih all that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)