Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have finally learned to embrace my body

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

It's taken a very long time and I'm still a ways away from my weight loss goal, but this weekend while on vacation I said screw it and wore a bikini. I know I'm on my way to my goals, but at the end of the day I think to myself if I hate my body, then it's just going to wear me down. My body can doamazing things and it gave me my beautiful baby girl so why should I hate it right? Anyways just thought I would share to all the others mommies out there to just remember to not hate hate bodies because think of what it can do :)

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Ya know, I didn't start really losing weight, and keeping it off untill I started really loving myself. Our bodies are pretty amazing. I am amazed every day I am able to get up and get going. Knowing that there are so many out there who can't.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!!  I'm still a ways from my goal, but I have decided that this is my year for a bikini.  It's not super low cut or anything, but I have worked hard to get to where I am, and I am proud of it.

Celebrate your body, mama!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That's awesome!!! I love seeing people celebrating and loving their bodies. I'm not at a bikini level (dang stretchmarks) but I've been rocking shorter shorts and dresses, which I've never done before. I'm just now starting to think I look good so why not show it off?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Tiger stripes, mama!

wink

I'm wearing that bikini, loose skin and tiger stripes be damned!  LOL

Quoting EiuGirl316:

That's awesome!!! I love seeing people celebrating and loving their bodies. I'm not at a bikini level (dang stretchmarks) but I've been rocking shorter shorts and dresses, which I've never done before. I'm just now starting to think I look good so why not show it off?

Suzanne

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
3 moms liked this

My 10 year old told me my stretch marks look like flames. I told her it was because I was on fire. :) She said they look kinda cool............ Love her!

Quoting musicpisces:

Tiger stripes, mama!

wink

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Mrs.Burke11
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Thats great! keep going and you will reach your goal.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, I know. We're talking about getting married in Cabo next year and if we do, I'm rocking a bikini. Fiancé would love it!!

Quoting musicpisces:

Tiger stripes, mama!

wink

Quoting EiuGirl316:

mama0106
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Good for U I've been working my butt out too and I said I was going to Rock a cute swim suit this year no black but I still think I'm too big😥
Everyone around me says I'm nuts And that have a cute sharp but I jus don't feel 100%.

Quoting musicpisces:Yay!!  I'm still a ways from my goal, but I have decided that this is my year for a bikini.  It's not super low cut or anything, but I have worked hard to get to where I am, and I am proud of it.Celebrate your body, mama!  =)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I'm not 100% by any means, but I've worked hard to get to where I am, and I've seen much less fit women in bikinis, so I say, if they can wear one, so can I!  I've grown more and more comfortable with my body between weight loss and age.  I still have loose skin, so that's less than ideal, but oh well, right?  If I can't do it now, when can I?

Quoting mama0106:

Good for U I've been working my butt out too and I said I was going to Rock a cute swim suit this year no black but I still think I'm too big😥
Everyone around me says I'm nuts And that have a cute sharp but I jus don't feel 100%.

Quoting musicpisces:Yay!!  I'm still a ways from my goal, but I have decided that this is my year for a bikini.  It's not super low cut or anything, but I have worked hard to get to where I am, and I am proud of it.Celebrate your body, mama!  =)

Suzanne

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 30, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Good for you mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)