Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tammy's Weight Loss Journal (Been wanting to do this!)

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well, hello there! My name is Tammy and I am a 26 year old mother of 2 young boys - Elijah, 6, and Jayden, 2. Before kids, I was always petite. 5 feet tall and always between 100-105 pounds. I don't want to weigh 100 pounds again as that may look awkward since my body type has changed in the last 6 years.
I currently weigh 137. I don't know exactly how much I want to lose total but right now, let's make small goals. Getting under 130 for now would be nice. I mostly want to tone up. I have the baby belly flub and a little flub everywhere else.
My inspiration is my zumba instructor. She is my age, also a mother, a body to die for but has a LIFESTYLE of health and fitness. That's my biggest goal is to change my lifestyle to healthier eating and getting fit altogether.
So here goes...
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tammy-1986
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM
5/31/13 - Day 1 of journal - Well it's my day off and I've been busy as heck with no time to work out yet but it's not 6:30 quite yet so there's still time. No breakfast. Lunch consisted of half a turkey bacon club sandwich, a few chips and queso and a few fries and ranch dressing. Not the healthiest but I didn't overdo it. I had water with lunch. But I had 2 small dr. Pepper cans today, too.
mommy9518
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You should be careful everything you ate is full of fat, sodium, carbs and tons of calories. Also skipping meals is the worst thing you could do. You should be eatting every 2 hrs. 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks. Fill your diet with lots of lean meats fresh fruits and veggies, tons of water and you'll be on your way in no time! Good luck!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you ate more than that through the whole day!  A lot of sodium and fat...  I agree about skipping meals, too- you need to fuel yourself throughout the day.  Remember that food is fuel, and you get out what you put in.  If you put in crap fuel, you'll be tired, feel like crap, etc.  If you fuel your body the way it was designed to be fueled- with recognizeable foods (lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies, water, healthy fats), you'll have energy, and your workouts will go much more smoothly.  If you need some guidance, let us know!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Tammy-1986
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't skip meals on purpose. It's just lack of careful planning. Busy, busy, busy and on the go so I eat when I have time or get a chance. I love food so never skip out on it intentionally. I've never been the best dieter so I don't do it. Knowing what I should eat hasn't come easily to me so I try to just limit myself and exercise. But please, any and all tips are greatly appreciated. Still trying to learn. :-)

Quoting mommy9518:

You should be careful everything you ate is full of fat, sodium, carbs and tons of calories. Also skipping meals is the worst thing you could do. You should be eatting every 2 hrs. 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks. Fill your diet with lots of lean meats fresh fruits and veggies, tons of water and you'll be on your way in no time! Good luck!

Tammy-1986
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for the tips! I am all about drinking lots of water. I love water. I never buy junk food for the house because I'll eat it. All junk food we have is bought by hubby. He says he supports my efforts but his actions speak otherwise by always wanting fast food and buying junk. I have no self control and that's what I need to work on.

Quoting musicpisces:

I hope you ate more than that through the whole day!  A lot of sodium and fat...  I agree about skipping meals, too- you need to fuel yourself throughout the day.  Remember that food is fuel, and you get out what you put in.  If you put in crap fuel, you'll be tired, feel like crap, etc.  If you fuel your body the way it was designed to be fueled- with recognizeable foods (lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies, water, healthy fats), you'll have energy, and your workouts will go much more smoothly.  If you need some guidance, let us know!  =)

mommy9518
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
On sundays I like to grill a whole package of chicken and tjen put together a big salad. Then for lunch I just throw some salad on a plate slice some chicken to top it with and put some sliced toasted almonds with lite or fat free dressing. Its a quick lunch or snack any time. When I snack I usually have a 100 cal snack and a piece of fruit. Lots of water will be sure to keep you feeling satisfied! And don't forget you fiber!

Quoting Tammy-1986:

I don't skip meals on purpose. It's just lack of careful planning. Busy, busy, busy and on the go so I eat when I have time or get a chance. I love food so never skip out on it intentionally. I've never been the best dieter so I don't do it. Knowing what I should eat hasn't come easily to me so I try to just limit myself and exercise. But please, any and all tips are greatly appreciated. Still trying to learn. :-)

Quoting mommy9518:

mommy9518
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
O and once you get on that scale and see thw number go down you'll be motivated to keep going. Its the best feeling to know your loosing!
Tammy-1986
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM
6/1/13 - Day 2 - Ugh. Don't ask. Ate twice. Fast food both times. Have not worked out. I'm horrible on weekends when I spend the most time with family.
Tammy-1986
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
6/2-3/13 - Days 3 & 4 - Yesterday I ate like crap as I usually do on weekends with family with no exercise.
Today is a different story. I'm usually good during the week when it's just the kids and I and hubby is at work. While I was at work this morning, I ate a bowl of oatmeal. Starting the day off right. And I am about to cook dinner of pork chops, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Monday is usually one of my Zumba nights but since I have no cash for it today, an at home workout is calling me. I don't know what I'll do yet. More than likely core workouts. I'll log it in after I do it.
Tammy-1986
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM
6/5/13 - Breakfast - banana
Lunch - a pork chop with salt and pepper and salsa
Dinner - "Turkey noodles" - egg noodles with ground turkey and brown gravy. I usually make it with beef, "beefy noodles" but tonight.I thought I'd go the healthier route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)