Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

4 days in..update final

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
No sugar/sweeteners and no wheat for the month of June (hubby and I decided to challenge ourselves) and other than a few moments of temptation when chocolate was in sight (paying for gas, at my inlaws house) I have remained strong! I know it's only 4 days which isn't a lot but its a huge lifestyle change for us and I'm so proud of us for sticking to it!

Update: we're really soaring with this plan! It's getting easier and easier! I'm discovering so many new recipes thanks to Pinterest. (Collard green falafel, Greek yogurt "cookie dough" etc). This is the exciting part though:
5/31 stats: weight 192 (af was in town, may be slightly elevated) today: 182!!!
And comparing my measurements I have lost an inch in my waist, hips, and belly and 2 inches in my thighs!!! I am so pumped!

Final update: resisted temptation at a cancer benefit with a huge bake sale, lots of beer, and a grad party with gorgeous chocolate cupcakes! I'm so proud of us for sticking to it and being more conscious of the quality of nutrition were getting! My final weigh in this morning was 178 which puts me down 14lbs! Woohoo!! Loving this momentum!
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

off to a good start! 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go!
akmaldo
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!! :) Keep it up!
dmwood
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do this!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Great job!!!  It'll get easier!!  I keep thinking of cutting out wheat.  It cleared up a friend of mine's acne, which is something I deal with.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Wheat has been pretty easy, it's the dark chocolate that's calling my name! Next month I will probably still keep off of wheat but allow a little sugar.

Quoting musicpisces:

Great job!!!  It'll get easier!!  I keep thinking of cutting out wheat.  It cleared up a friend of mine's acne, which is something I deal with.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're off to a good start!!

mystictigeress
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep up the good work. Once you get it out of your system, it will become easier to avoid!

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Today's day 5, and I agree so far! The chocolates on our secretary's desk are less and less tempting and the bag of carrots and tzatiki in the fridge are calling me!!

Quoting mystictigeress:

Keep up the good work. Once you get it out of your system, it will become easier to avoid!

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Tomorrow makes one week! I have yet to touch the chocolates on the desk in the office! I've eaten my weight in fresh veggies and fruit! And tonight we had my favorite supper so far, pan-fried falafel with quinoa and a spinach, feta, and pomegranate salad.  MMMMM! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)