Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section Weight

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hello. My name is Maria. I had a C-section 6 weeks ago & I'm trying to lose my tummy/thigh weight. I was hoping to get advice on how to tone them up. Advice, books, movies, anything would be helpful. Thank you so much. 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Welcome, Maria!  Congratulations on your new little one!

Are you breastfeeding?  If so, make sure you're eating enough to support your supply.

Next, many of us eat clean, which is 100% safe if you are breastfeeding.  I have a journal with the basics (click here), but I also subscribe to Clean Eating magazine.  There's a great book, The Eat Clean Diet: Recharged by Tosca Reno that can really help you go in-depth with it.  She has a ton of great books, but that would be the first one I'd recommend reading.

Next, a combination of both strength training and cardio is really important.  Don't just strength train your trouble zones- your whole body needs it.  If you need guidance in this area, let us know.  Many of us work out from home, and DVDs are a great place to start.  There are a ton of options, and you can find stuff On Demand, at the library, or you can purchase stuff.  Many of us like Jillian Michaels workouts (I'd start with the 30 Day Shred, which runs about $10), some like Leslie Sansone, some do The Biggest Loser DVDs, and some who can afford them like the Beachbody DVD systems (I don't sell them, but there are a zillion people in here who do!  LOL).  They are over $100, so that can be limiting, but Jillian or the other less expensive options can be great, too.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)