Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

going to be completely honest

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

i need to start this journey completely over.  I have failed yet again.  Ill be doing great then i stress which means i snack. I get sad which means i eat, and i get bored which means i eat.  No pity party i will be taking advice and reading other post i am going to do a lifestyle change this summer.  Im gonna have to really pray and get my mind right.  Good job to you ladies

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abc799
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I have been in the same shoes as you many times.  I have started over countless times throughout my entire adult life.  I also struggle with stress and emotional eating.  And you are on the right track, it is definitely a complete lifestyle change (coming to realize that has helped me so much).  Always come here for support, or also myfitnesspal.com is a great place for support as well and has great tools. :)

MomRocs1102
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

believe me i will be on here daily, thanks

Quoting abc799:

I have been in the same shoes as you many times.  I have started over countless times throughout my entire adult life.  I also struggle with stress and emotional eating.  And you are on the right track, it is definitely a complete lifestyle change (coming to realize that has helped me so much).  Always come here for support, or also myfitnesspal.com is a great place for support as well and has great tools. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM

You haven't failed, mama, you've had a setback.  You're not starting all over, you just need to make the next decision a smarter one.  How does eating out of boredom/stress/sadness make you feel?  Was it worth it?  Did it help improve your mood, did you get down on yourself about it, did it end up making you feel worse, did it make you feel better while you did it but worse later?  Think about that for a minute, and write it out.  I've learned that it's generally not worth eating like crap for those reasons (I'm a big emotional/boredom eater, so I totally understand).  You can do this!!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MomRocs1102
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I will write it out and put it Where it can be seen. Thanks im a huge emotional rollercoaster right now. Thanks again

Quoting musicpisces:

You haven't failed, mama, you've had a setback.  You're not starting all over, you just need to make the next decision a smarter one.  How does eating out of boredom/stress/sadness make you feel?  Was it worth it?  Did it help improve your mood, did you get down on yourself about it, did it end up making you feel worse, did it make you feel better while you did it but worse later?  Think about that for a minute, and write it out.  I've learned that it's generally not worth eating like crap for those reasons (I'm a big emotional/boredom eater, so I totally understand).  You can do this!!!

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I can't even count all the times I've started over! You haven't failed!!! You are human and humans aren't perfect, but you haven't completely given up! This is how I think about it. Look at a little toddler. See how many times they fall down when trying to walk. But they keep getting up until one day they don't fall as much, then they rarely fall, then soon they are running and jumping as if it was second nature!
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been there 100 times. I cleaned out my kitchen. That way, when I do snack, it's on carrots and hummus instead of cookies (or whatever). Start reading labels, too. That way you can think to yourself "is it really worth it?"
Dreamly
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It's extremely difficult to make such a lifestyle change :(. I struggle every day.

asaffell
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Hugs mama! It happens. I'm having to start all over after my baby comes in about a week. I'm actually looking forward to it - a fresh start means new perspective. I'm trying to get a group together to get back on track with me to help keep accountable and I'm going to be handling it VERY different than I did a year ago when I lost 30 pounds and gained most back.

zombieskayer
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

been there done that, I told basically this exact thing to my trainer. He says replace snacking with fruit and water. Eat slow.. it takes 20 minutes for your stomache to tell your brain your full. Get a hobby, I'm a big crafter, I love to crochet, as long as I've got my mind on row counts and stitch counts i don't even think about food.

Fjamrkr
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
If you need motivation to stay on track, implement a "swear jar" of sorts.

Every day you stay on track, or every time you overcome the urge to snack too much, you put money aside to get yourself something you want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)