Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanna critique my lunch tonight? Please.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok. I've got baby carrots
Hummus
Blueberries
Raspberries
Grapes
Banana
Salad with green leaf lettuce, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, quinoa, and spinach
Plus some extra cucumber.
I had 1 serving of mixed nuts before work.

Ok so I'm breast feeding and working a 12hr shift. About medium activity level at work tonight. No time to work out really. Would you think this is enough, slightly too little, slightly too much? I'm terrible with this. I'd like to lose about 10lbs or so. I'll start working out when I get to quit work.
And I'm only drinking water. Trying to go vegetarian with little to no dairy as well and I'm allergic to eggs.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shudderette
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Looks good but I'd throw in a small handful of almonds about halfway through your shift

cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Ok. I don't have any tonight. But I'll probably bring about the same tomorrow.

Quoting shudderette:

Looks good but I'd throw in a small handful of almonds about halfway through your shift

MorganTho
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I would add some more protein but that all looks yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Suggestions? I'm relying on nuts and quinoa really, but don't want to add a ton of calories from the nuts. I have 1/2 a cup uncooked quinoa. And I'm allergic to eggs so I can't eat those.
Although this is all I plan to eat tonight. Nothing before or after work.

Quoting MorganTho:

shudderette
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I know what you have there isn't enough protein for me. But I could practically live on meat. LOVE it, crave it. If a meal doesn't have meat in it it's not a meal to me. I'm trying to change that thinking but my body does seem to like it better than living on vegetables. It keeps me full longer. I hate feeling hungry because I'm more likely to go to the vending machine (HATE that thing!). 

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting shudderette:

Lesgerm
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Some peanut butter on the banana will add protein :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I dieted very similarly not too long ago. After a week it's super easy and i felt so good. But I let my life and the craziness get in the way. Still I had a hard time getting my calories in point. In trying to figure out what enough calories and nutrition look like. My hard part is no dairy. It's in everything! Lol.

Quoting shudderette:

I know what you have there isn't enough protein for me. But I could practically live on meat. LOVE it, crave it. If a meal doesn't have meat in it it's not a meal to me. I'm trying to change that thinking but my body does seem to like it better than living on vegetables. It keeps me full longer. I hate feeling hungry because I'm more likely to go to the vending machine (HATE that thing!). 

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting shudderette:

cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Good point. Thanks! I'll bring that or even almond butter tomorrow. I knew I was missing something.

Quoting Lesgerm:

MorganTho
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I honestly don't worry about calories, but I eat more paleo/primal, so I would add meat! Grilled chicken or something lean is good or even leftover meat from the night before.

Quoting cntrdmom:

Suggestions? I'm relying on nuts and quinoa really, but don't want to add a ton of calories from the nuts. I have 1/2 a cup uncooked quinoa. And I'm allergic to eggs so I can't eat those.

Although this is all I plan to eat tonight. Nothing before or after work.

Quoting MorganTho:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Sunbutter is amazing on a banana with just a tiny drizzle of honey! Totally nips sweet cravings for me!

Quoting Lesgerm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)