Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's mine, Mine, MINE!!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I just snapped at my daughter because she wanted some of my smoothie. I'm tired, I'm starving, she just picked through her delicious dinner that I made for the kids, said she was full, then came after my smoothie. I feel like a huge jerk now, but groceries are dwindling, and life would be so much easier if she would just eat what's given to her. Instead she barely touches her meal and then wants something else. Ugh!! Frustrated :(

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

That IS frustrating!  They always do things like that at the worst times, don't they??

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Melissa...
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Yes they do! She's really pushing my buttons now. She only drank half the smoothie she took from me then snuck a pumpkin bar. Not cool.

Quoting musicpisces:

That IS frustrating!  They always do things like that at the worst times, don't they??

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
My five yr old does that, too! I'll share, but sometimes, I'm like ya know what, no!! It can be frustrating. But then, the times I'll make her own smoothie, she will take two sips lol kids....
EiuGirl316
by Leah on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'd tell her no. If she doesn't want what's in front of her, she doesn't get anything else until the next day. My son used to pull that with us, but I'm done letting him win, lol. In his case, it's a battle of wills. ☺

Melissa...
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Food with her has ALWAYS been a power thing. I keep waiting for her to outgrow it :/

Quoting EiuGirl316:

I'd tell her no. If she doesn't want what's in front of her, she doesn't get anything else until the next day. My son used to pull that with us, but I'm done letting him win, lol. In his case, it's a battle of wills. ☺

starbuckadama
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Our two year old, he's a menace. 

He even sees you eating, he wants what you want, and he will not eat what he has. His Dad gives him bites and sips of his drinks from time to time and so do I. But, I HATE when he does that begging mess. It reminds me of a puppy. lol.

cassie1989b
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM
My soon to be 3yr old does that and it drives me insane i spend most of the day it seems screaming at her because she is always trying to bully someone outta their food
Melissa...
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
My daughter is 10. It's high time she learns to eat meals instead of pushing them away and expecting snacks and eveyone elses food. I'm putting my foot down on this one!

Quoting cassie1989b:

My soon to be 3yr old does that and it drives me insane i spend most of the day it seems screaming at her because she is always trying to bully someone outta their food

cassie1989b
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Kids are a mess

Quoting Melissa...:

My daughter is 10. It's high time she learns to eat meals instead of pushing them away and expecting snacks and eveyone elses food. I'm putting my foot down on this one!

Quoting cassie1989b:

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I was going to ask how old she was until I saw your response down below. I think by now she should understand how to eat a meal. If I were you, I'd definitely keep it up and not give her anything special.  It stinks but maybe you should stop buying snacks or else lock them up until she learns to eat whats in front of her. Seems like you're trying really hard to put a stop to it though from what I've read further down the responses. 

Quoting Melissa...:

Food with her has ALWAYS been a power thing. I keep waiting for her to outgrow it :/

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)