Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I begin!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

So in December of 2008 I got pregnant with my first little love, I didn't worry too much about weight gain because weight had never been an issue with me, ever. Wellllllllll......... I should have worried. I gained too much, didn't lose hardly any of it after having her then I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and everything was going great, I was finally getting closer to where I wanted to be, then I got pregnant again. My second pregnancy was not a bad thing as far as my body is concerned, I made a vow to not let what happened my first pregnancy happen again.. I ate healthy, I exercised and by 3 weeks pp I weighed less than what I did before I got pregnant, everything was going good! I started running, lost a lot more weight and I'm finally right where I want to be weight wise, but I don't just want to look good in clothes, I want to look good naked too (of course I have some hideous stretch marks so that is probably far fetched but that's okay). I need to tone up my belly, get rid of my thunder thighs, toning up my arms would be great too but it's the last on my list. Problem is, I don't know where to start, or what to do.. I don't have the money to join a gym, or get something like insanity or p90x, the 30 day shred is boring to me now because I've done it a zillion times. So, please help. What do you recommend or what works for you? Do you think it's possible to get close to where I want to be by like... September when we go on vacation? Here is some pictures of where I'm at now and hopefully I can create a journal to inspire me some more! 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jbgrah19
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM

if you are creative, you can go on pinterest and look for work-out ideas there.  pick the areas you'd like to tone up most and create an action plan. you do cardio by running, so perhaps add some strength training in there - i think the guideline is 2 - 3 days of strength training/week.  i teach group exercise and would love to help you devise a plan - why don't you add me and we can come up with some ab, shoulder, back and arm exercises to help target the areas you'd like to work on most.  my screen name here is jbgrah19.  :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I think you can get toned up noticably by September!  Have you tried Ripped in 30 yet?  It's a great follow-up to 30DS.  I do a lot on my own at home.  I bought a kettlebell, and I use that, I do sprints up and down the driveway, I flip a big tractor tire up and down the driveway, I do push ups, planks, reverse crunches, lunges, dead lifts, squats, and lots of other moves.  I go to the park and do assisted pull ups on the low bar (with my feet on the ground on my tip toes).  The more I can vary it, the better.  Cleaning up your diet as best you can will help, too.  I'm working hard on that one myself, trying to tone up and shed the fat that's left.  With running, hill sprints can be great for building power and strength.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mollie277
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I used to to the work outs on Excersise TV on Demand until our cable company got rid of that channel a few years ago.  But recently, I was able to find a lot of there workouts on youtube. Youtube as a lot of other, full length work outs too. The best part is, there free!

Good luck reaching your goal!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yep.  This.  Good luck!

Quoting musicpisces:

I think you can get toned up noticably by September!  Have you tried Ripped in 30 yet?  It's a great follow-up to 30DS.  I do a lot on my own at home.  I bought a kettlebell, and I use that, I do sprints up and down the driveway, I flip a big tractor tire up and down the driveway, I do push ups, planks, reverse crunches, lunges, dead lifts, squats, and lots of other moves.  I go to the park and do assisted pull ups on the low bar (with my feet on the ground on my tip toes).  The more I can vary it, the better.  Cleaning up your diet as best you can will help, too.  I'm working hard on that one myself, trying to tone up and shed the fat that's left.  With running, hill sprints can be great for building power and strength.

sweattoshine
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yoga:). Especially if you can get in a hot class a couple of days a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)