Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever heard of Skinny Fiber?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 15 Replies
I recently came across a page of facebook that helps with weight loss. Most of the people who are following them as well have bought Skinny Fiber. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, we've heard of it, and we stay away.  Your best bet is to avoid products and lose through eating right and exercising, so that you learn how to MAINTAIN your weight loss. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

More pills...stay away from them.  They aren't healthy.

asaffell
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Everyone I've seen that promotes it is still overweight...

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Part of their marketing scheme is to create these fb support groups. I got sucked into one and was told there was NO WAY anyone could lose weight eating more than 1200 cal/ day. They all were crabby and Whiney complaining about cravings and willpower. I however stuck to my guns, have lose almost 30lbs all while eating 1800 cal/day.

Yeah don't buy into it. I am looking for a real support group on fb though.
Dreamly
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Never heard of it

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I've never heard of it.

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I looked it up a few moths ago, and to me it sounded a lot like Metamucil.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Yes, exactly this.  It's very expensive Metamucil targeted to a different audience.  Same goes for Sensa.

Quoting muzzyh:

I looked it up a few moths ago, and to me it sounded a lot like Metamucil.

Suzanne

eventtalk
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Though I have never heard if it, getting more fiber in your diet does help with cravings. Just need to watch the calorie count.

Doctor recommended that I lower my cholesterol and eating more fiber and the grape-seed extract supplement has helped me do that. I've felt fuller and lost weight. The fiber I take had twice as much as Metamucil and it comes in tasty bars. I don't like having to mix all that powder.

Drinking lots of water (I guess that is why all the powder) helps lose weight too. I just prefer my water plain.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Taking in fiber through food is much more effective than in supplement form, for weight loss.  But yes, increasing your dietary fiber intake has been shown to help with weight loss.  Partly because of the fiber, and partly because of the types of foods you generally eat (whole grains, vegetables, fruit, beans, etc.).  If you need to lower your cholesterol, make sure you're getting SOLUBLE fiber, because insoluble fiber doesn't impact cholesterol.

Quoting eventtalk:

Though I have never heard if it, getting more fiber in your diet does help with cravings. Just need to watch the calorie count.

Doctor recommended that I lower my cholesterol and eating more fiber and the grape-seed extract supplement has helped me do that. I've felt fuller and lost weight. The fiber I take had twice as much as Metamucil and it comes in tasty bars. I don't like having to mix all that powder.

Drinking lots of water (I guess that is why all the powder) helps lose weight too. I just prefer my water plain.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)