Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How much protein, carbs and fats?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

How do you figure out the ratio of these things that I should be getting each day? I have had you wonderful ladies figure out my BMR, which is 1811 and I plan to stick to that many calories a day. I am slowing adding in exercise so I want to stay at my least bmr for now. Anyway, once I get that figure out, how do I ajust my settings in MFP so I can make sure I am not only meeting my calorie needs, but also thos needs as well.

Angela mama to..

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM

On the website, get onto your main page ("My Home"), then click on "Goals."  At the bottom, click, "Change Goals," select custom, and from there, you can select what proportions you want your macros at.  I choose to set mine at 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fats).  You can also enter your BMR there as well. 

Remember that your BMR is the least number of calories you should be eating.  MFP will add back in more calories when you log exercise, but don't add them in to your diet in excess of the range we gave you, unless you have some ridiculous day (like a 3 hour run, or chopping wood for a few hours or something like that), in which case, make a judgment call!

I hope that helps! =)  I only recently figured out changing my macros!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

angchick
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Thank you so much for all your help. I am really determined to take this seriously and get this lifestyle change going.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

You can do it!!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My goals are:

AT LEAST 1g of protein per lb of LBM (lean body mass, for me about 100)

0.35g of fat per lb of total body weight as a minimum target

And the rest carbs!  :)  I'm usually around 100 g of protein, 45 g of fat, and 200-300 g of carbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN