Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone do my BMR please?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am 27, weigh 169, 5'4, and I run 3-4 days a week! Thanks! I am pretty sure that I am due for a refigure since it has been awhile!

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM

BMR: 1564

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1564*1.55=2424

To lose 1 lb per week: 2424-500=1924

Your ideal calorie range is 1564-1924 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Dreamly
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Is that 1.55 for everyone? Trying to figure out mine and the ones coming up on google only do the lowest calories.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM

No, it's based on working out 3-5 days per week, which most people here do.  Here's a link to the site we use if you don't want to post your weight and such here, but we're happy to calculate it for you.  From there we use the Harris Benedict equation, which is posted on the site.

Quoting Dreamly:

Is that 1.55 for everyone? Trying to figure out mine and the ones coming up on google only do the lowest calories.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Dreamly
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Hmm not sure I'm doing it right lol yes I'm a loser when it comes to figuring stuff out. I'm 29 yo, 249 pounds, and will exercise 5/6 days a week. I'm also BF and get conflicting stories of how many calories I need to add

Quoting musicpisces:

No, it's based on working out 3-5 days per week, which most people here do.  Here's a link to the site we use if you don't want to post your weight and such here, but we're happy to calculate it for you.  From there we use the Harris Benedict equation, which is posted on the site.

Quoting Dreamly:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Okay.  I just need your height as well.  Thanks for letting me know you're BFing!  What kinds of workouts are you doing?  Is it like 30 minutes of Zumba or are you training for Ironman?

Quoting Dreamly:

Hmm not sure I'm doing it right lol yes I'm a loser when it comes to figuring stuff out. I'm 29 yo, 249 pounds, and will exercise 5/6 days a week. I'm also BF and get conflicting stories of how many calories I need to add

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

Suzanne

Dreamly
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Im 5'7" and I'm just doing like 30 day shred, her kick boxing video as well. and maybe walking but not running yet.

Quoting musicpisces:

Okay.  I just need your height as well.  Thanks for letting me know you're BFing!  What kinds of workouts are you doing?  Is it like 30 minutes of Zumba or are you training for Ironman?

Quoting Dreamly:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Here you go:

BMR: 1917 + 500 for breastfeeding = 2417

1917 x 1.55 = 2971

To lose 1-2 lbs per week, consume 2417-2971 calories per day.

Quoting Dreamly:

Im 5'7" and I'm just doing like 30 day shred, her kick boxing video as well. and maybe walking but not running yet.

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

Suzanne

Dreamly
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Thanks! and yes I definitely didn't get the 1917 lol.

Quoting musicpisces:

Here you go:

BMR: 1917 + 500 for breastfeeding = 2417

1917 x 1.55 = 2971

To lose 1-2 lbs per week, consume 2417-2971 calories per day.

Quoting Dreamly:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Dreamly:

Channell07
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Thanks, Hun! I appreciate it!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR: 1564

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1564*1.55=2424

To lose 1 lb per week: 2424-500=1924

Your ideal calorie range is 1564-1924 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)