Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It your trying to cool it on the pasta

Posted by   + Show Post

try using Spaghetti squash instead, it shreds like thin pasta, then add your toppings. Sorry i confused the names check out this video

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
deadlights86
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I'll see if I can hunt it down when I get on my laptop.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

i love alfredo :(

Quoting deadlights86:

I really like spaghetti squash I had a recipe to make it like Alfredo but I can't find it.

imacafemomer
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg the chic in the video is awesome lol. Im trying this
nyxiemist
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I love squash! I haven't used it as noodles yet. I usually add a little honey and cinnamon for a sweet treat.

MomRocs1102
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

really, never thought to make a dessert with it.  How do you do it, id love to try it :)

Quoting nyxiemist:

I love squash! I haven't used it as noodles yet. I usually add a little honey and cinnamon for a sweet treat.

nyxiemist
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Bake it like in the video you posted. Take it out of the shell. Add a little cinnamon, honey, and butter(optional) to your taste while still warm. Mix it up a little. I've used acorn, butternut, pumpkin, and spaghetti squash. You don't need much honey or butter. I usually use maybe a tsp of butter if any per cup of squash. With honey it depends on how sweet the squash is. If you use pumpkin spice, it's like pumpkin pie without all the sugar and fat. 

Quoting MomRocs1102:

really, never thought to make a dessert with it.  How do you do it, id love to try it :)

Quoting nyxiemist:

MomRocs1102
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Thanks, i will be trying this really soon :)

Quoting nyxiemist:

Bake it like in the video you posted. Take it out of the shell. Add a little cinnamon, honey, and butter(optional) to your taste while still warm. Mix it up a little. I've used acorn, butternut, pumpkin, and spaghetti squash. You don't need much honey or butter. I usually use maybe a tsp of butter if any per cup of squash. With honey it depends on how sweet the squash is. If you use pumpkin spice, it's like pumpkin pie without all the sugar and fat. 

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Quoting nyxiemist:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

We turned our backs on grain foods 2 years ago, and spaghetti squash is a favorite with spaghetti sauce, beef, & cheese.  I also learned to cook shredded cabbage right in with the spaghetti sauce as another sub for spaghetti, and I use steamed cauliflower instead of macaroni in recipes calling for macaroni.

There's a spiral peeler to make noodles from different veggies such as sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots, etc.

karisma22
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Spaghetti squash is one of the few squashes that I don't care for.  You can also use a potato peeler and peel strips of zucchini or yellow squash (even carrots), cook until just tender and use it like pasta.

.strawberry.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM

that looked so easy! love it

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I bought butternut- thinking it was spaghetti squash, so I asked to be sure and was told that the butternut will not cook like that- I needed spaghetti squash.  Unfortunately, it isn't cheap...I have yet to try it

Quoting Ptitchou:

I did. Saw a bunch of spaghetti squash. Please share a link using butternut squash...I like butternut 1billion times more than spaghetti squash:) I've never seen a link showing that! Butternut just gets mushy when cooked. For me at least:)

Quoting MomRocs1102:

its made with butternut squash, you can look up on YouTube spaghetti squash

Quoting Ptitchou:

Butternut squash? Or spaghetti squash?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN