Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant get motivated!!!:(

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

i know how i should be eating and i found workouts that i really like and can definitely make time to do them but something big keeps bringing me down!!! i dont want to be a twig i just want to be healthy and toned. i dont know how much i weigh cause i dont own a scale but weight doesnt matter to me.  i want to be firm again! lol its weird coming from a 22 year old but after having my son i feel like my self esteem just went to an all time low!! i cant see a pretty girl without thinking my SO is looking at her and wishing i were the same! its a huge problem and its getting to the point that every little comment he makes or even eating in front of him makes me uncomfortable and i cry about it sometimes! im not overweight and everyone tells me im fine and just need to work out and make healthier food choices but i feel horrible about myself. has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it to change your lifestyle and self esteem??

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
boxerfever
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hey!

Don't be so hard on yourself! I'm sure you look great :) Have you tried the jillian michaels 30 day shred? It works awesome and tones you at the same time. Also, eat an access bar before each workout they access the stored body fat to fuel your workout and are natural! They also give you lots of energy for your workout. The hardest part is getting started and then once you do and start seeing results it almost becomes an addiction. You can do it :)

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Baby steps girlie! When I started I started with the gym. I didn't worry about "what" I ate as long as I stayed within my goal range (I use myfitnesspal to track). Then I started at the gym. The gym taught me to think about the quality of food I was eating because I needed more energy for my workouts. (The same way you need better quality gasoline for peak engine performance). I was turned on to fat2fitradio.com and things started to click. I'm still a long way to go but I'm feeling successful.

I don't have a gym membership anymore but I do routines from spark people.com at home plus I'm doing the couch 2 5k program.

If you are literally anxious and in tears about having your SO see you eat, you may want to consider talking to a professional about that though. Love your body for what it has done! Treat it with respect! That loose skin in a way is a badge of honor! If you don't love and respect yourself you can't expect others to do the same. Good luck! It's easier to keep with it than it is to get started!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)