Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

lets talk about sex

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Ang
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you think your weight affects how you feel/do about sex? This may be tmi, but I am wondering if I am alone in this. Ever since turning 30 (I am 31 now) my sex drive has increased a lot. However, because of my weight and insecurities I hold back a lot and do not enjoy it how I should. I ha e this inner freak inside, but I can not bring her out because I can not let go. I think it makes it harder because my husband is a fit man with a nice muscular toned body who excercises daily. He never makes me feel bad or anything but part of me thinks he has to be a little disappointed with my body. I know it is all me and in my head though. I have started the journey to get healthy and lose weight, and I know when that happens my self esteem will improve too. Do any of you ladies feel like this?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I felt that way. Now that I'm fit and toned I feel like a sexy beast!
angchick
by Ang on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I can't wait to feel like that!!!!

Quoting muzzyh:

I felt that way. Now that I'm fit and toned I feel like a sexy beast!

shirleywiley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM

I feel like that sometimes... even while having sex. I feel like my thighs get in the way when I'm on top or that I just don't have the energy levels that I should. But, the more I'm working out the better that's getting. I don't know if it's all in my head or not but either way it can't hurt to get healthier :)

angchick
by Ang on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM
I am so self concious about it that I can not let it go so I can be on top. I am sure my his and wishes I would do it, but I am just not comfortable with it.....sigh!

Quoting shirleywiley:

I feel like that sometimes... even while having sex. I feel like my thighs get in the way when I'm on top or that I just don't have the energy levels that I should. But, the more I'm working out the better that's getting. I don't know if it's all in my head or not but either way it can't hurt to get healthier :)

nurse-mommy
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I definitely know that feeling. It's getting better was I'm gettong more fit, but I certainly have daya where I feel like crap. My sex drive has returned after having DD (8mos old), but it's hard to let go of my body image issues. My hisbamd has never and would never say anything about my body, but I wonder what he's THINKING. Good luck to you, and congrats on deciding to get fit!
sunny_smiles
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I know exactly how you feel! I am so self conscious about what I look like that I feel like I am missing out on so much. My husband never says anything except that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful, and you would think I could believe him lol, but I just can't figure out how we see two different people in me. He sees his beautiful wife and I see a shell of someone I don't recognize. I really hope this changes as I slim down.
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Yep! When i was bigger I didn't enjoy sex because I was so self conscious of my belly. Now I'm constantly trying to seduce dh:)

justinnaimee
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I dont. I rarely feel embarassed about my body in front of hubby. However, I thonk he feels it. He's very uncomfortable with himself and I think that's really hard on our sex life.
shirleywiley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't comfortable with it either... it's easier if you don't start there. Have him start. When I'm ready I have him sit up and then I go on his lap. That way our bodies are closer and I feel less exposed. It works really well on the couch :)

soon2bmomof2grs
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I feel that way too. I want to have sex, but a lot of the time I just do ont do anything about it. :/ I always feel like if I was sexier I would be able to make him want me more, but I can never bring myself to be sexy because I hate the way I look. No clue what to really do about it, since I have always hated the way I looked- even when I was thin.

Good luck on your journey!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)