Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have a bad over eating  problem!!!!!!  I am 289 lbs and 5'10 and turn to food for everything!!!!!!!!!!!  Then I dont realize how much I am eating till I feel "satisfied".  Problem lately is I am eating "bad" foods and then feel physically and emotionally sick afterward.  My BF means well but he isn't really bad overweight.  He also has the mind of a preteen to teenager and loves me and will litterally do anything for me.  So I tell him to help be supportive and is but if I'm upset he will give me things I don't need and I am not strong enough to say NO yet so I eat it.  Then I am SICK!!!  Good thing I started Planet Fitness and actually am doing well exercising.

Please I need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:10 AM
I have a tendency to mindlessly eat. Dh and I are on a clean food challenge (30 days without sugar, sweeteners or wheat). Before day one we threw out everything that didn't fit the challenge. I still mindlessly snack but I don't feel guilty cuz my snacks are: jicama, almonds, carrots, frozen banana with peanut butter, plain greek yogurt with fruit, celery, cucumbers, grapes, watermelon, pineapple, hummus, tzazitiki.

I feel like I'm constantly eating but I'm consistently meeting my calorie goal. You can do it! My new mantra is "it's easier to keep going than it is to start "!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I feel your pain mama :( I have been fighting the mindless eating for a while now. My husband is nowhere near being overweight and while he says he supports me in my decision to eat clean, he constantly brings cookies, ice cream, etc. into the house. He says its for him and the kids, but he knows how hard it is for me to stay away from those. I feel like a monster when I lose it and tell them they are all eating clean, too lol. So I completely understand.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

what i started out doing was i threw all the bad food out or gave it away. i then made a list of the healthy stuff and started buying that. in addition to this i belong to a weight loss support group called Take Off Pounds Sensibly. I also have a wellness coach through state insurance. in addition to this, i go to and and get a lot of tips. you just have to learn how to navigate them which is  not hard at all. they have a lot of tips and videos that might help. there is always which is also very helpful. ever since i started gaining too much weight and feeling uncomfortable, i made it a priority to find out as much about weightloss as i could. i wish you the best of luck with your journey. as for your boyfriend, he needs to be more concerned with your health since he loves you. remember and do not forget, emotional health is also important when it comes to losing weight also. if you really want to and both are serious, you and your boyfriend can do it as a team and that will help you both out.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Don't eat in front of the tv. Eat at the table and pay attention to your meal.
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

You sound like you're where I was when I started!  Eating until I was ready to explode was my "normal".  Satisfied wasn't full enough- I needed to be stuffed.  I STILL struggle to consciously stop before that happens, but I feel SO much better doing so!

I'm another one on the clean eating bandwagon, and I'll tell ya, the weight on this wagon is getting lighter and lighter!  I was 269 lbs (at 5'4") when I started, and yesterday I weighed in at 164, and I'm still losing.  I have a journal with the basics here

Next, time to tackle your triggers.  Sounds like you have them!  Identify them, and make a conscious effort to get in the way.  If there are foods you CANNOT resist (we all have them), keep them OUT of the house.  Don't put your boyfriend in the position of the enabler- DO NOT ask him to get you stuff that's unhealthy.  If unhealthy food is in my house, I tend to eat it, too, so I HAVE to keep it out.  If there's stuff my hubby loves, we find a compromise, where he can get things that I can easily say no to.

When you want to gorge/indulge on food, remember how it feels afterward.  It's not worth that feeling!  Plus, think about how you'll feel if you take a deep breath, walk away, and take control of yourself.  When the urge passes, go get a healthy, properly portion snack (or meal if it's time for a meal).  You will be SO proud of yourself!

Celebrate every little success, rather than focusing on what you're doing wrong or what lies ahead.  When I started this, if I did the math on how much weight I had to lose, I'd lose motivation, but if I focused on what choices I'd been making that were helping me and on the weight I'd already lost, THAT was MUCH more motivating.

You can do it!!

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I'm a personal trainer and health and fitness coach. Would love to help if I can in any way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)