Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Loose Skin/ Big Weight loss

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 31 Replies

Hi Ya'll!  I am a 23 YO mommy of two who has been attempting to lose some weight for a while now.

As of the past few weeks I have been back on track after not only slipping up but gaining a lot more weight..

My main concern is my extra skin I have or will have.. (Thighs & Waist)... will toning shrink this skin?

I guess I am just afraid that if I lose the weight I want to (around 50lbs) that I will look worse than I do now, with all this floppy skin...

TIA. 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Thats my issue. My actual waist size is a 12/14 which to me is not that bad, but with all my loose sking I wear an 18 to waer my pants over my loose skin. If I wear what fits my waist my skin hangs over and its nasty IMO. Makes me uncomfortable. IMO you cant tighten it a whole lot it needs to be removed.

Binkxo
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Oh yes! I have a super tiny waist, with normal size hips.. but I need to work on toning a lot.. I am just afraid that there is nothing to tone.. if that makes sense... Meh.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I've lost 97 lbs and my skin is not an issue AT ALL. I look much better now in my humble opinion lol. 

This is what my stomach looks like. you can see stretch marks and it's not the tightest (and still some fat obv) but not bad

http://fit-food-fam.tumblr.com/post/52501665821/bare-belly-eek-i-told-my-husband-this-is-what

Some people say that strength training and drinking water help but I really just think it comes down to how elastic your skin is and that's nothing you can change. But I think with 50 to lose, you'll be fine! good luck :)

another view

last for legs and arms

ok really last one for what my arms look like not flexed

natbaj
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a certified personal trainer and health and fitness coach.... believe me...make sure you workout while changing the way you eat and you will lose and tone at the same time :)

Do not try any miracle diet pills or diets... 

Nat x

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM
4 moms liked this

I've lost over 100 lbs, and yes, I have some loose skin, but in the last year, it's improved SOO much.  Time and genetics are the biggest factors, but if you don't lose weight using some crazy rapid method, that helps, too.  I'm actually wearing a bikini this summer for the first time in my life.

I've also found that for me, strength training does help some.  Water is important as well.

I have a few progress pics I can share.  I'm aware my stomach isn't exactly Playboy-friendly, but it's an honest look at what it has and does look like (I actually just took the ones in the striped tank in the middle of typing this- excuse my needs-to-be-cleaned mirror!  LOL).

The first two were comparing my body before and after two months in the gym.  I was injured and couldn't run (my primary form of exercise, so I focused almost exclusively on strength training.  I had a post about it, but it's buried (since these are over a year old).

March 2012

May 2012

Feb 2013

Today:

Again, I've lost more than twice your goal, so your skin would very likely NOT look like this, but I would SO rather have this than the fat that once filled my skin.  You can see where it's gone down with time.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

.ChiMama.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you for posting this. Your stats are almost like mine! i'm 5'4 on a good day and as of this morning 228

Quoting Stefanie83:

I've lost 97 lbs and my skin is not an issue AT ALL. I look much better now in my humble opinion lol. 

This is what my stomach looks like. you can see stretch marks and it's not the tightest (and still some fat obv) but not bad

http://fit-food-fam.tumblr.com/post/52501665821/bare-belly-eek-i-told-my-husband-this-is-what

Some people say that strength training and drinking water help but I really just think it comes down to how elastic your skin is and that's nothing you can change. But I think with 50 to lose, you'll be fine! good luck :)

another view

last for legs and arms

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
3 moms liked this

50 pounds is all you need to lose? shoot i lost almost 60(& i've had two kids) and have no saggy skin at all!! heres my after pics...

CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I've lost 45lbs. I lost the weight in about a year and have maintained and toned for about another year so far. I'm always working in toning.
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You're welcome! Best wishes on your journey :)

Quoting .ChiMama.:

thank you for posting this. Your stats are almost like mine! i'm 5'4 on a good day and as of this morning 228

Quoting Stefanie83:

another view

last for legs and arms

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

You have youth on your side! it will be easier for you to be more toned and less lose skin than someone older. Exercise as you are losing and drink plenty of water as you go. You will look great. I have lost 25 pounds and don't have any lose skin and I am double your age (ughhh).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)