Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AAHHHH YEAH!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

There's nothing better than feeling like a boss when you walk out of the gym that you didn't want to step foot in that day, anyway! HAHA!

I was so not feeling the gym today, at all but got in. Trainer had me do HIIT with him and told me to do some cardio, he didn't care what I did today just had to do 45 minutes of good cardio.

I rocked the shit out of my cardio. I'm not a runner, in the least but I need to get to 5 miles in a year; it may take that long because I hate to run, lol!

I hopped on the tredmill, to which I've been stuck at a jog pace of 4.0 (I shit you not!) for over a year. I bumped it to 4.5 and ran a mile and a half which also meant that I shaved about 2 minutes off of my mile! My goal was only to run 5 minutes the stop for 2 and do that for my time. I kept going and going and going and said, okay, I'll do a mile. I reached a mile and was like, okay...how much farther can you go?!? So, not only did I shave time off, I increased by a half mile!! Yippie....for..........ME!

My face was BEET RED but I was proud that I did it! YAY!!!

((feeling like a BOSS!))

how was your workout today?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

awesome!

my work out will be zumba later today- and maybe some weights this afternoon

Dreamly
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM

awesome!! haven't gotten one in. nb baby has kept me busy. He's finally sleeping and I'm just now eating my first meal of the day at 2pm.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Sweet! I haven't worked out yet. I've been trying to get stuff done around the house. I'm just taking a quick break.

BeAmour
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Awwwe!! Congratulations on the baby!

Quoting Dreamly:

awesome!! haven't gotten one in. nb baby has kept me busy. He's finally sleeping and I'm just now eating my first meal of the day at 2pm.

Stefanie83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

great job! my workout was awesome today too :D

Dreamly
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thanks! He's a long awaited blessing :).
Quoting BeAmour:

Awwwe!! Congratulations on the baby!

Quoting Dreamly:

HamFam
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I started a new program today.  I did the treadmill for a bit, and some other exercises too.  My kids did them with me too, so I'm proud that I started today off right.  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM

AWESOME!!  That's the BEST feeling!  I had one of those runs where I just had the hardest time getting moving.  Even the first couple of miles were rough, but then I found my groove, and felt AWESOME by the end.  It was so rewarding!

GREAT JOB improving your pace!  It's SOOO great when you see those kinds of improvements, especially when you've been stuck for SO long!  Been there!! =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Congrats and definitely an inspiration for those of us that need it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)