Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

how much is too much??

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
Water. The good stuff. I've been drinking half my body weight in water every day. (At least 60-70 oz) but I am going to start bringing a gallon from home (too many pregnant people at work. Don't want that!) Lol. Is a gallon too much for someone weighing about 135?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
buffalove23
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
A gallon is 64 oz I believe so it would be perfect
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
That's a half gallon. Or about. And that's what I'm drinking now. A gallon is about 128 oz.

Quoting buffalove23:

itsm3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM

i drink about 2L day.  

buffalove23
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Okay that's what I was thinking then...math isn't my strong point lol. Sorry!

Quoting a06z08mama:

That's a half gallon. Or about. And that's what I'm drinking now. A gallon is about 128 oz.

Quoting buffalove23:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Is that including water you drink during exercise?

I have days where I drink probably 4-5L including exercise (I'm 164).  I had almost 4L on my 16 mile trail run alone.

If you're thirsty, drink.  But don't FORCE it down.  I would ease up to the whole gallon, and drink more when you feel you need it, less when you don't. 

Cute joke, BTW!  ;-)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I drink at least half gal while I am working. More if it is more strenuous. At home probably another 24-28oz depending on what I am having at supper.

And I am dead serious. I don't want to catch that preggers germ that is spreading thru the hospital. Well I would like another. But right now isn't ideal. According to Doc it would help a lot of the issues I am having. But then again he isn't the one that would be supporting another child for the next 18 years.

Quoting musicpisces:

I have days where I drink probably 4-5L including exercise (I'm 164).  I had almost 4L on my 16 mile trail run alone.

If you're thirsty, drink.  But don't FORCE it down.  I would ease up to the whole gallon, and drink more when you feel you need it, less when you don't. 

Cute joke, BTW!  ;-)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM

=/ I hear ya on the waiting.  I have one more year of nursing school, and there is NO WAY that would be a wise choice right now!  Luckily my pregnancy with my son seems to have helped my endometriosis at least some.

Quoting a06z08mama:

I drink at least half gal while I am working. More if it is more strenuous. At home probably another 24-28oz depending on what I am having at supper.

And I am dead serious. I don't want to catch that preggers germ that is spreading thru the hospital. Well I would like another. But right now isn't ideal. According to Doc it would help a lot of the issues I am having. But then again he isn't the one that would be supporting another child for the next 18 years.

Quoting musicpisces:

Cute joke, BTW!  ;-)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)